The Super Mario Bros Wiki on Giant Bomb

Posted by TobyD81 (1227 posts) -

It's 10:12 PM EST on the 29th of January 2009, and this is how the blurb reads on the Super Mario Bros entry on the Giant Bomb wiki:

Super Mario Bros. is a platformer created by Shigeru Miyamoto, published by Nintendo, and the best selling video game of all time.

However, the December 2008 NPD numbers have already shown that Super Mario Bros has finally been surpassed in sales by Wii Sports, at more than 40 million copies. Wii Sports is the pack-in game for the Wii console in America, similar to how SMB was the pack-in game for the NES. And I'm not gonna bother to change the blurb. My justification: no hyphen. As written, it's not described as the "best-selling game" of all time, but rather the best game that sold. And so it shall be. God save the Super Mario Brothers!
#1 Posted by TobyD81 (1227 posts) -

It's 10:12 PM EST on the 29th of January 2009, and this is how the blurb reads on the Super Mario Bros entry on the Giant Bomb wiki:

Super Mario Bros. is a platformer created by Shigeru Miyamoto, published by Nintendo, and the best selling video game of all time.

However, the December 2008 NPD numbers have already shown that Super Mario Bros has finally been surpassed in sales by Wii Sports, at more than 40 million copies. Wii Sports is the pack-in game for the Wii console in America, similar to how SMB was the pack-in game for the NES. And I'm not gonna bother to change the blurb. My justification: no hyphen. As written, it's not described as the "best-selling game" of all time, but rather the best game that sold. And so it shall be. God save the Super Mario Brothers!
#2 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3084 posts) -

Do you want it changed...or what?

#3 Posted by TobyD81 (1227 posts) -

Not at all, that was my whole point. It's my favorite game, and I'm happy with it being regarded as the best game that ever sold a single copy. I say let it stand.

#4 Posted by Dalai (6878 posts) -

The blurb might be changed soon... I made a slight alteration.

#5 Posted by TobyD81 (1227 posts) -

Damn! All right, for accuracy's sake...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.