What systems do you own this on?

#1 Posted by MrBrightside91 (60 posts) -

So, you can buy SMB on three systems now (Wii Virtual Console, NES and GBA). How  many of those have you / do you own the game on?

Personally, I only have it on my Wii - and hadn't actually played it beforehand, although knew of the games look, style and feel for years before. The fact it's still easily playable for anything between 5 and 50 minutes today is a testiment to the design of the game and Nintendo's innovation. Shame they haven't continued this now...

Thughts?

#2 Posted by griefersstolemykeyboard (359 posts) -

have it on the NES and the Wii, best 5 bucks I ever spent.

#3 Edited by JuMP (87 posts) -

Just for the Wii, but that's only because when I was 10 my parents sold my NES  and my games (incl. SMB) behind my back. Otherwise, it'd still be collecting dust in my basement with my SNES and N64.

...not that I'm bitter or anything :).

#4 Posted by gamegoddess162 (40 posts) -

NES yaya! I love it : )

#5 Posted by gamegoddess162 (40 posts) -

Oh and I have a GBA just don't have SMB for it : (

#6 Posted by Dalai (6978 posts) -

Well, I sold the game along with my NES so now I only have the Wii VC version... and the 16-bit All-Stars version on the SNES.

#7 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I have it on the NES, both the standalone version and the Duck Hunt/SMB version! :P

#8 Posted by Feanor (1386 posts) -

My computer.

#9 Posted by Mario_Galaxy_Fan (116 posts) -

I have it on the Virtual Console.

#10 Posted by hazzard4123 (196 posts) -
#11 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I had it on the NES.

#12 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

I've played it on NES, GBC, and Wii.

#13 Posted by unworthyBOZO (201 posts) -

Still have it on my NES and I will never sell it

#14 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

NES and GBC.

#15 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

NES and Wii.

By the way, the title screen shot in the article is actually from Hudson's Super Mario Bros. Special and not SMB.

#16 Posted by Ben_H (3293 posts) -

I have the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge for the NES.  Still play it once in a while.  Duck Hunt is still fun too.

#17 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -
#18 Posted by Robocop111 (148 posts) -

for the GBA, if you like to play other great 2D games you should play my game Robocop vs The Terminator, remember that game? that was a great, you should buy my game.

#19 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

NES and GBA

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.