tireyo's Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo Entertainment System) review

• tireyo wrote this review on .
  • tireyo has written a total of 26 reviews. The last one was for Pushmo

After all these years, Super Mario Bros. is still a great game.

Super Mario Bros. is still fun to play after all these years. This game is what made Mario famous and yet mysterious. I remember playing this game when I was only 2. Ever since this game came out for NES, I've had dreams and memories of this game. It was always an old childhood favorite of mine; but because time has caught up with my NES, I had to sell it with all its games. When I got a Wii and saw the game for Virtual Console, I knew that I was going to buy it without a doubt. It might be old, but there is no school like the old school! Super Mario Bros. is still crisp and enduring as ever. The graphics might be dated, but the layout of each and every level is simply enduring, memorable, and great as ever! This game is very easy to play, but very hard to beat. If you can beat it quick, then you pretty much memorized the whole game and played it before. The structure is very simple, and the music is of course catchy! Super Mario Bros. is well worth 500 Wii Points. Super Mario Bros. is a great game, but it does have several problems. No matter how enduring it can be, it can get frustrating after a while; however, it is something that is easy to come back to again. Super Mario Bros. may not be the best game for Virtual Console, but it really packs in a challenge worthwhile. The game has inspired many other great Mario games that are also worth a try, and they are actually quite better. Even though there are games that are better than Super Mario Bros., this should be in no way ignored. This is a game that is worth a try, and it certainly will provide a history lesson to the younger generation of gamers. I would finally like to say that I give Super Mario Bros. a score of 4/5.