Bowser's rule ended in 20 hours, 15, minutes, and 12 seconds...

Posted by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -

....and now I'm hunting for the other stars. How about you guys? Probably got to Bowser a lot sooner huh? Ryan in his review mentioned 13 hours, so I'm guessing some of you are like him. I'm not a great platforming expert like I was  in my youth, but still got the job done. So how about it?

#1 Posted by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -

....and now I'm hunting for the other stars. How about you guys? Probably got to Bowser a lot sooner huh? Ryan in his review mentioned 13 hours, so I'm guessing some of you are like him. I'm not a great platforming expert like I was  in my youth, but still got the job done. So how about it?

#2 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

I might buy a Wii this week after I get my paycheck just for this game.  Kmart is also having a deal where you buy a wii and this and get Galaxy 1 free.  I might take advantage of it.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

About 14 hours for me. Maybe a bit more. I've only gotten a few of the extra stars, but man there's a ton to get.

#4 Posted by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" I might buy a Wii this week after I get my paycheck just for this game.  Kmart is also having a deal where you buy a wii and this and get Galaxy 1 free.  I might take advantage of it. "
Saw that today over at Cheapassgamer. It'd be an awesome deal for me too since I never got the first Galaxy. Considering that you rarely see first party Nintendo games go down in price, it's a pretty rockin' score for ya.
#5 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Bowser's in this game?  SPOILERS.  Gah.

#6 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Bowser is defeated?! GAWDDAMN SPOILERZ!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" Bowser is defeated?! GAWDDAMN SPOILERZ!!!!!!! "
Well in the sense of creating a peaceful collection of worlds and galaxies, yeah. =)
#8 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

Just over 10 hours. I blazed through those first 70 stars quick. I'm up to around 105 now so I'm getting close... to playing through it again.

#9 Edited by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

I've had it half a week, and I am at almost to about 80 stars.

Is that good?

#10 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

Have like 29 stars atm and played about 4hours I think...

#11 Edited by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -
@Willy105 said:

" I've had it half a week, and I am at almost to about 80 stars.  Is that good? "

That's really good pace in my opinion. Believe I topped out at 70 stars in little over a week. Played 2-3 hours at a time.
#12 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

I think I got in under 12 but I kind of rarely had any road blocks. I beat the first and second back to back over about 18-20 hours. Man, great games. But the second was just about one of the best games I've ever played. There are so many strokes of brilliance. Just peeling layers back you find new and different things to do. If Nintendo is just going to keep making a sequel a year to some of these franchises, then keep makin' em' as good as this one and we'll all be good to go!

#13 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I gotta say, after dropping him into the core of a sun that collapsed into a black hole, Im starting to think this dude is kind of hard to kill.

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18992 posts) -

9 hours, 52 minutes, and 49 seconds for me.

#15 Posted by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" I gotta say, after dropping him into the core of a sun that collapsed into a black hole, Im starting to think this dude is kind of hard to kill. "
True dat. However if Peach can somehow not get kidnapped every now and again, Mario wouldn't always have to stop what he's doing and go rescue her.
#16 Posted by supermonkey122 (817 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
"9 hours, 52 minutes, and 49 seconds for me. "

DAMN!!!!
#17 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Just finished today. Got the final star and clocked in 27 hours, 8 minutes, and 8 seconds. 
And I died 308 times. How much for you guys?

#18 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I am not sure I am going to get this game. Galaxy 1 was enough Galaxy for me.

#19 Posted by HypotheticalSolution76 (139 posts) -
@Alaska_Gamer said:
"

Just finished today. Got the final star and clocked in 27 hours, 8 minutes, and 8 seconds. 
And I died 308 times. How much for you guys?

"
Hey man that's awesome. Some of these final stars are eating me up. So far I'm at 86 stars total. Most likely I will be taking longer than your 27 hours and change.
#20 Edited by BenX02 (305 posts) -

I just beat him a little while ago. 11hrs 44mins. 7 Plays. 76 Stars. According to the Nintendo Channel. 

Such a great game, and one of my favorites of all time. And my mind was completely blown when: 

#21 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Beat Bowser in 13 and a half hours and am now hunting for the 50 last stars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.