You got mario 64 in my galaxy 2

#1 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -

And I'm loving it. 

Seriously just wait until you see this level.

#2 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

what? 

i think i have to play it now

#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11741 posts) -

This is the part where you post an embedded video and show us what you are talking about instead of making sly allusions.

#4 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Nintendo? Feeding off nostaliga? No fucking way.

#5 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@HandsomeDead:  Handsome Dead? Criticising Nintendo? Outrageous :P 

@demontium:  Could use some more discussion value. A vid or some reasons why it's awesome would be of help for those of us who haven't played it yet.
#6 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

After a 2-second google search:

I have to say, I'm disappointed. Sure, it pushes the nostalgia buttons. But it's a straight up rehash all the same. Couldn't incorporate the gravity effects of the Galaxy games into the level to mix things up? Couldn't have chosen a more iconic SM64 level to use? Underwhelmed is me.
#7 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@mikeeegeee said:
" After a 2-second google search:

I have to say, I'm disappointed. Sure, it pushes the nostalgia buttons. But it's a straight up rehash all the same. Couldn't incorporate the gravity effects of the Galaxy games into the level to mix things up? Couldn't have chosen a more iconic SM64 level to use? Underwhelmed is me. "
No no no.... play the level.... its not what you think.
#8 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

There's quite a bit of Super Mario 64 thrown in. I guess it's official that Super Mario 64 is now nostalgic to many gamers. 

Enjoy it before Nintendo gets all copyright about it.
#9 Edited by xthegames3 (16 posts) -

No doubt one of the ebst ideas Nintendo made, Mixing up two of greatest nintendo games.  
#10 Posted by harris (848 posts) -

Can't wait until I have time to play this! :D

#11 Posted by danyul (29 posts) -

That was the best level in the game. Which is kinda sad when you think about it, but yeah.

#12 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

It must suck to be creative and work at Nintendo. You have all these great ideas for games but they just keep re-making the old stuff.

#13 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -
@Dalai said:

" There's quite a bit of Super Mario 64 thrown in. I guess it's official that Super Mario 64 is now nostalgic to many gamers."

SM64 was already nostalgic to me by the time it's DS remake hit in late 2004
#14 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

What if I don't like Mario 64

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.