I am playing this game for my first time ever

#1 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -

Yes, I am playing this game for my first time. I am popping my Mario RPG cherry lol

Anyhow, I only had a sega genesis when I was growing up so I missed out on a lot of good SNES games. I am a gamer that can go back and play older games and actually enjoy them. It's not all about graphics and resolution etc for me :P

Anyhow, so far I am enjoying it. I've only collected one star and working my way to ummm Rose Way or something like that :)

Anyhow, I just thought I would let you guys know seeing how you all seem to love the game so much it's fun to hear about someone playing some of your old favorites for the first time!  Cheers!

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

About time! lol  This is a game that everyone must play imo.

#3 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -

Well, I am almost done. I have 5 of 7 stars. Just beat Valentina and I am in the volcano :P

#4 Posted by ParrapatehRappa (185 posts) -
Dooops said:
"Well, I am almost done. I have 5 of 7 stars. Just beat Valentina and I am in the volcano :P"
Have fun with the Axem Rangers. Those guys are dicks.
#5 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

One of my all time favorites. Most of my memories of playing that game involve being incredibly pissed off about Culex.

#6 Posted by Bullet_Jr (770 posts) -

I still own the original cartridge.

I usually play it in the summer (a tradition I do every couple of years) with the SNES Advantage controller.

#7 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -
ParrapatehRappa said:
"Dooops said:
"Well, I am almost done. I have 5 of 7 stars. Just beat Valentina and I am in the volcano :P"
Have fun with the Axem Rangers. Those guys are dicks.
"

Actually, I just died twice to them. I am trying to figure out which one I should attack first.
#8 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

An awesome game for sure, and not just for nostalgic reasons. Really holds up well.

#9 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

AXUM RANGER YELLOW

#10 Posted by AvD (288 posts) -

That games holds up amazingly well, I payed through it again pretty recently.

#11 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -

I just got by the axum rangers! Working on the 4 of 6 doors in the castle :)

#12 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

This game kicks ass, a must play imo.

#13 Posted by Dooops (227 posts) -

Well, I have now completed this game. Hooray for me!  On to the next game I have never played FF3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.