Should I get this on VC or should I hunt down the GBA version?

#1 Posted by AngeTheDude (678 posts) -

Is there any difference between the two? This just seems really fun to play on the classic controller.

#2 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

My sister had this game on her GBA.
I would just get the one on VC.

#3 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Get it on the SNES. :)

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
clarke0 said:
"Get it on the SNES. :)"
Ditto.
#5 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -

It's great on VC, really takes me back to when I was 10 and playing this all night

#6 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -
Unknown_Pleasures said:
"clarke0 said:
Ditto."
Tritto?
#7 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Which ever is cheaper.

#8 Posted by AngeTheDude (678 posts) -
clarke0 said:
LOL believe it or not, when I still had an SNES, I never had this game! I only played it at my cousin's house once in awhile. I guess if there is no difference I'll just grab it on the VC.
#9 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -
MisterSpiffy said:
"Unknown_Pleasures said:
"clarke0 said:
Ditto."
Tritto?"
Quaditto!

I guess if you don't have a SNES, go VC.
#10 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

GBA version.

It has more stuff AND portable!

#11 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

I know how to solve this, get both!

SNES/VC has better resolution/graphics and the GBA version has a few extra features, they both play great and everything though, so there isn't much in it.

#12 Posted by Shadow71 (192 posts) -

I'd say GBA, as you then have a portable version rather than one tied to a console you may not have hooked up forever. It's a lot easier to go back and play the GBA version.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

The GBA Version is the best version, it has a level tracking system so you know what levels you have 100%, it allows you to play as Luigi, it lets you save anywhere.

But the biggest difference is that when you get hit while in cape/fire form you will go back down to big Mario.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.