Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario

Franchise »

The franchise that Mario is most famous for: his platformers.

Super Mario 3DS: "64 meets Galaxy".

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Link.

Joystiq said:

In a recent interview with Edge, industry legend Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed two of the suspicions we'd developed regarding the handful of Super Mario 3DS details revealed during the publisher's GDC presentation. First, he explained, "It's a combination of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario on N64." Which makes sense, considering we knew it was being developed by the team between both installments in the Galaxy series. He added that the device's 3D capabilities makes platforming a bit smoother, explaining, "The floors floating in space: in 2D it's difficult to judge the distance, but in 3D it's really easy."

Second, remember the tail that was springing out of the logo? That wasn't just some sad remnant of a half-deleted Wingding -- it was, as you probably expected, an appendage. Miyamoto explained, "The tail you mentioned on the logo – it's what you think it is. You probably know what's going to happen using that character." Who, Tanooki? Yeah, we know that guy's style. He's gonna get right in our trash cans, mess up our yard and then fly off into the crisp, night sky.

This is very exciting indeed. Super Mario 64 meets Super Mario Galaxy with Tanooki Mario? Sing me the fuck up.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Picard

I can't wait to see more.  I heard it might be shown at E3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.