Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario

Franchise »

The franchise that Mario is most famous for: his platformers.

What is the possibility of a...

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrHadouken

New Super Mario RPG? Instead of galaxies 3, sunshine 2 (even though that ones less likely), and new super Mario bros 3. I loved the one on the SNES, and bowsers inside story was pretty awesome. Why not reboot that series of Mario for the 3DS and/or WiiU?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ruiner

I think they've pretty much got their Mario RPGs in Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi...

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Given news of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, I'd say the chances are better than they would have been before, at least if you want a Mario RPG with Geno in it.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#4  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Since they are certainly willing to let their IP's go a bit more than before it certainly seems like they could let Square Enix make a new Super Mario RPG at some point.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

@rebgav said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Given news of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Wait... WHAT?!

Okay, the Wii U might be a festering shit-heap but they are starting to stack up some games which I just have to play.

I don't think I care about a Mario RPG, especially not compared to a console SMT X Literally Anything.

The Wii U is no such thing. It's a great console, with a fantastic line-up of forthcoming games.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mesoian

@MrHadouken said:

New Super Mario RPG? Instead of galaxies 3, sunshine 2 (even though that ones less likely), and new super Mario bros 3. I loved the one on the SNES, and bowsers inside story was pretty awesome. Why not reboot that series of Mario for the 3DS and/or WiiU?

None. The likelihood of Nintendo giving Square anything after Square's incredibly lackluster past few years is close to nill. And, for better or worse, they're 100% locked in on the idea that the paper mario series is the RPG spinoff they want.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icemo

@Snail said:

@rebgav said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Wait... WHAT?!

Okay, the Wii U might be a festering shit-heap but they are starting to stack up some games which I just have to play.

I don't think I care about a Mario RPG, especially not compared to a console SMT X Literally Anything.

The Wii U is no such thing. It's a great console, with a fantastic line-up of forthcoming games.

Yeah, reserve the word "shit-heap" for consoles like CD-i that actually deserve it. Wii U is nowhere near as bad as that console.

Masterherox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Masterherox

I'm not sure about a New Super Mario RPG. There'd be too much Wah.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I mean if they do that they will milk it until the nipples are raw, be careful what you wish for.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snail

@rebgav said:

@Snail said:

@rebgav said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Wait... WHAT?!

Sure.

I don't understand. You probably just aren't familiar with the line-up. You didn't even know about the upcoming Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei game. Go to the Wii U's wiki page and take a look at the games the console will harbor. Then formulate an opinion.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want another Super Paper Mario. I don't think the original sold well. But wow, that was a pretty refreshing experience.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hunter5024

Now I'm just imagining a Mario RPG made by a modern Square Enix and it's just bothering me.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

@rebgav said:

No Caption Provided

I don't get this nor why I'm still involved in this conversation.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snail

@rebgav: I never said I was bothered by your post. I'm not, at all. I also don't understand why you posted that image. And why would such a discussion be petty? What?

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrHadouken

Yeah, keep squares hands off of it. I'd be happy with a Mario RPG that is a spin off of galaxies, I just want another turn based Mario game, I haven't paid sticker star any attention so I have no clue if it is turn based or not. The last I played was bowsers inside story, it seemed to be pretty successful, I guess I'll just wait for the next installment of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.