20 Bandages unlock? (PC)

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Just got 20 bandages and I unlocked something yet I missed out on what the said thing was. I have searched around and am unable to find what it is, if anyone knows I would love to find out. Also, the 360 seems to get ''Teh Internets'' for the 20th bandage and PC gets something else which also has me confused.

Thanks.

#2 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

I don't remember getting anything for my 20th bandage, and everything I've read says there's nothing in between the headcrab/goo ball at 10 and Josef at 30.  What makes you think you unlocked something?

#3 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

20 Bandages is the Headcrab

#4 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@JP_Russell

I don't remember getting anything for my 20th bandage, and everything I've read says there's nothing in between the headcrab/goo ball at 10 and Josef at 30.  What makes you think you unlocked something?

Because it came up "You have unlocked ____" can't remember what it was called but I am pretty sure it said "You have unlocked English"...
#5 Edited by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -
@ahaisthisourchance said:

"20 Bandages is the Headcrab "

Headcrab is 10 bandages. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/i-have-crabs/102895/   

@NekuSakuraba said:
" @JP_Russell

Because it came up "You have unlocked ____" can't remember what it was called but I am pretty sure it said "You have unlocked English"... "

Weird.  Unless I missed it entirely, I didn't get anything like that.  Don't know what's up with that.
#6 Posted by Meltac (2000 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's Teh Internets.

#7 Edited by MattyFTM (14365 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

"Because it came up "You have unlocked ____" can't remember what it was called but I am pretty sure it said "You have unlocked English"... "

It does say "You have unlocked English". It's a bug. It should say "You have unlocked something locked", meaning something that isn't available in the game yet. They haven't specifically said what it will be, but I'm willing to bet it's the user levels portal, which obviously won't be available until the level editor launches in January.
#8 Posted by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -

I remember it telling me that I have unlocked "Teh Internets", which, as far as I know, doesn't even exist in the PC version.

#9 Posted by MattyFTM (14365 posts) -
@yinstarrunner said:
" I remember it telling me that I have unlocked "Teh Internets", which, as far as I know, doesn't even exist in the PC version. "
Yeah, prior to the patch it told people they unlocked "teh internets", now it tells people they've unlocked "english". It's supposed to tell people they've unlocked "something locked"
#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
#11 Edited by Forcen (1810 posts) -

Just got this, got me real confused.

Maybe it will clear up when they release the leveleditor next year.

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Forcen: It will. It's already starting to clear up. The name of the "Something Locked" message is "meatworld". According to the SMB twitter feed, they're considering calling the custom level portal "Super Meat World".

And the text "English" is from the first line of the localization file, which specifies where each language's localized text is to be found. Due to a bug, the game is reading that instead of the meatworld message.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.