Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

20 Bandages unlock? (PC)

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Just got 20 bandages and I unlocked something yet I missed out on what the said thing was. I have searched around and am unable to find what it is, if anyone knows I would love to find out. Also, the 360 seems to get ''Teh Internets'' for the 20th bandage and PC gets something else which also has me confused.

Thanks.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JP_Russell

I don't remember getting anything for my 20th bandage, and everything I've read says there's nothing in between the headcrab/goo ball at 10 and Josef at 30.  What makes you think you unlocked something?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nekroskop

20 Bandages is the Headcrab

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @JP_Russell

I don't remember getting anything for my 20th bandage, and everything I've read says there's nothing in between the headcrab/goo ball at 10 and Josef at 30.  What makes you think you unlocked something?

Because it came up "You have unlocked ____" can't remember what it was called but I am pretty sure it said "You have unlocked English"...
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JP_Russell
    @ahaisthisourchance said:

"20 Bandages is the Headcrab "

Headcrab is 10 bandages. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/i-have-crabs/102895/   

@NekuSakuraba said:
    " @JP_Russell

Because it came up "You have unlocked ____" can't remember what it was called but I am pretty sure it said "You have unlocked English"... "

Weird.  Unless I missed it entirely, I didn't get anything like that.  Don't know what's up with that.
    Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Meltac

I'm pretty sure it's Teh Internets.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @NekuSakuraba said:

"Because it came up "You have unlocked ____" can't remember what it was called but I am pretty sure it said "You have unlocked English"... "

It does say "You have unlocked English". It's a bug. It should say "You have unlocked something locked", meaning something that isn't available in the game yet. They haven't specifically said what it will be, but I'm willing to bet it's the user levels portal, which obviously won't be available until the level editor launches in January.
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By yinstarrunner

I remember it telling me that I have unlocked "Teh Internets", which, as far as I know, doesn't even exist in the PC version.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @yinstarrunner said:
    " I remember it telling me that I have unlocked "Teh Internets", which, as far as I know, doesn't even exist in the PC version. "
    Yeah, prior to the patch it told people they unlocked "teh internets", now it tells people they've unlocked "english". It's supposed to tell people they've unlocked "something locked"
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By Forcen

Just got this, got me real confused.

Maybe it will clear up when they release the leveleditor next year.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#12  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Forcen: It will. It's already starting to clear up. The name of the "Something Locked" message is "meatworld". According to the SMB twitter feed, they're considering calling the custom level portal "Super Meat World".

And the text "English" is from the first line of the localization file, which specifies where each language's localized text is to be found. Due to a bug, the game is reading that instead of the meatworld message.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.