Anyone know what's up with Steam Super Meat Boy release?

• 53 results
#1 Posted by EoinMason (85 posts) -

Here's the jist. I pre ordered Super Meat Boy on Steam a couple of days ago and, obviously, today is the release date. Got it at the same time as the 2nd Deathspank (having not played the first one yet - sorry sucker for a bargain) and it was all fine.

My question is, is it out yet or is there a set time for it to come out today? I tried to wait for the sale to end and it isn't but Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue is. 

Not sure what to do, any advice? And did anyone get it installed on Steam today? It might be something with me.

#2 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

Same thing Valve always does. They suck at releasing games on steam. You just gotta wait it out and it'll come out sometimes later today.

#3 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

Other than adding +1 hour every hour there's no solid release time.

#4 Posted by soralapio (261 posts) -

Valve being Valve. The release times listed on Steam are at best rough guidelines. I'd bet the game will unlock in two or three hours.

#5 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I found out the hard way with F1 2010 that Steam releases don't come out on time. It will be out when it's out.

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

The game will come out whenever. This is nothing unusual.

#7 Posted by EoinMason (85 posts) -

Thanks for that, guys.

It's more unusual because it doesn't usually happen to me. Having said that, I don't really make that many pre-orders on Games on Steam so yeah.

#8 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -

Timer says 2 hours now. we're in for the long haul guys.

#9 Edited by Mantel (44 posts) -

it's a do-something-else release :/ In most peoples cases that means rage-posting on the steam forums. I don't expect to see it out within the next 6-8 hours.

#10 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Jesus, they keep adding more time to the countdown clock.  It finally ended again minutes ago, but now someone came by and set it to 2 hours.

#11 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

It will eventually release, of course that means it will come when Valve time deems appropriate. 

#12 Posted by Mantel (44 posts) -
@s7evn: @DOUBLESHOCK: There never was a supermeatboy for PC. This was just an experiment in internet rage studies.
#13 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@Mantel: if that was actually true I really would be at a new record of rage
#14 Posted by IamTerics (406 posts) -

The rage post on the Steam forums were pretty hilarious.

#15 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

Gah, I've been waiting to play this game for several hours. Now I have to go to bed, boo steam!

#16 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

STOP TAUNTING ME!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
#17 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -
@Weltal: It said 'Purchase Now' earlier :P
#18 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Yo, I'm in class right now so this shit better not be out until I get home in about 4 hours. 

It's not fair that I bought the game today and won't be able to play with everyone else.

#19 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Its flitted between 1 and 2 at various times hours for the last 6 hours or so. 

Fucking pain; I was banking on getting some game time in tonight.

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (11857 posts) -

Valve being Valve.

#21 Posted by Althox (292 posts) -

Damn, even had time to go and watch a hockey game 37 miles (I think that's about 60 kilometers... if not, correct me :P) away, and just got back, and it's still friggin' unreleased!

#22 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" Valve being Valve. "
And we still love them. 
#23 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

Thanks for reminding me to buy this!

#24 Posted by EoinMason (85 posts) -
@Binman88: You're welcome!

Speaking of which, IT'S FINALLY UP!
#25 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

MEAT BOY GO!

#26 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

its out!

#27 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Spread the word! 

I gotta find my Windows laptop.

#28 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

The store says it's out and has a play now button, but my library is still completely grayed out. -_-

#29 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -
@Infininja: This. Do I need to log back out?
#30 Posted by Tebbit (4449 posts) -

Yeah, time's up, but I can't install it yet. I guess "out now" is still an estimate!

#31 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

Logging out seems to have cleared it up.

#32 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

ah this crashes a lot and buttons don't work sometimes in the menus, and just now when I went into some kind of warp and got an achievement, then it crashed.

#33 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Yo, any of you here using it with a Sixaxis? 

I'm at campus at the moment, so I can't really check.

#34 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -
@Beforet said:
" Logging out seems to have cleared it up. "
This, do it now.
#35 Posted by IamTerics (406 posts) -

99% done!

#36 Posted by Tebbit (4449 posts) -

Oh jesus my internet is slow. How big is it, download-wise?

#37 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

Just in time for me to leave!

#38 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -
@Tebbit: 238 MB
#39 Posted by Tebbit (4449 posts) -
@Haru48 said:
" @Tebbit: 238 MB "
Crud. 40 minutes to go baby! 

@KaosAngel: Do you have that program that calibrates it to act like a 360 controller? Because Meat Boy definitely has support for that. It's been a while since I used my dualshock on the PC, so I can't say for sure.
#40 Posted by andriv (256 posts) -

it doesn't work 

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and  ..... 

hurra

#41 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

I played over an hour, but now it has freezed my PC twice. I have to try different level and see if it works.

#42 Posted by reptilia_kun (103 posts) -

just played it now, it should be out now

#43 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

Anyone figured out the keyboard controls yet? I'm kinda baffled at how Team Meat didn't leave any hint as to what the PC keyboard controls are, instead leaning on the hope that everyone who buys the game owns a 360 pad.

#44 Posted by Downandout (290 posts) -
@L33tfella_H: Keyboard controls are: Shift to run, Space to jump and the left and right arrows to go, well, left and right.
#45 Edited by Detrian (1126 posts) -
@L33tfella_H said:

" Anyone figured out the keyboard controls yet? I'm kinda baffled at how Team Meat didn't leave any hint as to what the PC keyboard controls are, instead leaning on the hope that everyone who buys the game owns a 360 pad. "

The game has like 2 buttons what the fuck?

I'd worry more about how it crashes every single time you quit and how shit it runs, not to mention needing to emulate a 360 pad to get my ps2 controller to work with it.

Edit: Aaaand it just caused me a lovely blue screen. I don't think I'll be playing this much more.
#46 Posted by Tech_Itch (8 posts) -

Grraargh, seems that the Mac version was "delayed" until February.  And somehow they still managed to sell it earlier as a "Featured" Mac game. I even managed to pre-order the damn thing. :/

#47 Posted by asmo29a (149 posts) -
@Detrian said:
...  not to mention needing to emulate a 360 pad to get my ps2 controller to work with it.  Edit: Aaaand it just caused me a lovely blue screen. I don't think I'll be playing this much more. "  
How do you do that? My fingers hurt from hammering the space bar while holding down left shift :/
#48 Posted by MattyFTM (14347 posts) -
@Tech_Itch said:
"

Grraargh, seems that the Mac version was "delayed" until February.  And somehow they still managed to sell it earlier as a "Featured" Mac game. I even managed to pre-order the damn thing. :/

"
The mac version was always due out later than the PC version. They've never advertised it as anything else, and the Steam preorder never said anything about a mac version.
Moderator Online
#49 Edited by Tech_Itch (8 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

The mac version was always due out later than the PC version. They've never advertised it as anything else, and the Steam preorder never said anything about a mac version. "

Still, the game was listed under Mac Games, and they were accepting sales. 

ETA: Interestingly enough, they seem to have removed it from the Mac games tab. Ah well, at least I got the discount...

#50 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -
@asmo29a said:
" @Detrian said:
...  not to mention needing to emulate a 360 pad to get my ps2 controller to work with it.  Edit: Aaaand it just caused me a lovely blue screen. I don't think I'll be playing this much more. "  
How do you do that? My fingers hurt from hammering the space bar while holding down left shift :/ "
Read this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.