Are the exclusives on XBOX 360 worth going with that platform?

#1 Edited by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

I'm pretty set on getting Super Meat Boy on Steam, just holding out to see if it will be on sale over the Treasure Hunt period.  But i see its 800MS on 360 right now.  Ultimately i am wondering, based purely on a unlock-able character basis, which is the better option?
 (i know a different thread exists for a similar but different question, mine is, as i said, purely character based)
Edit: Also is the HL2 HeadCrab any good?

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6239 posts) -

The exclusives are the exact same on both in terms of abilities and how they feel, E.G. Headcrab is the same as the sticky thing from the Xbox one. Forgotten its name. 

The Steam version is going to get a level editor soon into the New Year though, so you may wanna go for Steam and get that.

#3 Posted by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

Hmm, they all seem very similar. If you're getting the PC version though, you should wait for the boxed copy, it looks AWESOME.

#4 Posted by Forcen (1815 posts) -

The Steam version will get you free mac support and Steam Cloud next year.  
Also it has more achievements on Steam. For example it has every chapter has a finish all levels without dying achievements, and finish the darkworld of this chapter without dying.

Does the 360 version have 1080p support?

#5 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

Some characters are similar, but I don't think there's a Captain Viridian or Mr. Minecraft equivalent on 360. 

I'm not familiar with either's exclusives (though I own both) so I can't help you with specifics.

#6 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Well since the 360 version is $5 cheaper right now, I'd say get that.

Both versions have their nice perks.  360 version has real achievements and secure leaderboards...  Up to you.

You don't really use the unlockable characters that much in Meat Boy...

#7 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

I use Alien Hominid (exclusive to 360) all the time.

#8 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

In the end steam won, I've got some good ideas for headcrab based levels to make in the editor.

#9 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

I ended up sticking with Meat Boy 95% of the time. I got so used to the way that he moved that using anybody else would throw me off completely and I played like garbage. So, the other characters were pretty irrelevant to me in the end.

#10 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@fentonalpha said:
" In the end steam won, I've got some good ideas for headcrab based levels to make in the editor. "
good choice! I only got it on 360 because my desire to play super meatboy could not wait long enough for steam, the level editor and mr minecraft both seem to make it worth it. 
#11 Edited by cordialsnail (178 posts) -

Team Meat said that both versions will be on sale for Christmas on their Twitter, if price is your main concern

Edit, just noticed you already bought it

#12 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

God damn it.... less than 4 dollars today..... oh well, it's worth the $15 i spent on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.