Brad's Super Meat Boy Quick Look (Just the Deaths)

#1 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Not sure this is something anyone actually wants, but boredom led me to edit Brad's Super Meat Boy Quick Look down to just the deaths. Guess how many... 

#2 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

What do I win? 

That's a great video. Love the scream at the end.

#3 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

So... where's the video? 

E: Nevermind, there it is.

#4 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

#5 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk:  Sorry, the embed was acting weird. It's there now.

#6 Posted by TheAdmin (712 posts) -

This makes me happy... You die a lot in that game.

#7 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

that video was god damned incredible.

#8 Edited by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -

Edit: Awesome video. I love the full gamut of "Brad noises." Wait...that sounds...that doesn't sound right.

#9 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Probably not though...

#10 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

Wouldn't a video containing just Brad's deaths in the Super Meat Boy quick look just be the entire quick look? :P

#11 Edited by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@Undeadpool said:

"  I love the full gamut of "Brad noises." Wait...that sounds...that doesn't sound right. "

Haha, agreed. He goes through a pretty wide range of emotions there. 
#12 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Haha. I actually worried about it being super long, but it ended up turning a 45 minute Quick Look into one just under 4 minutes!
#13 Posted by jkz (4010 posts) -

Masterful, good sir; simply masterful.

#14 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

What a great video!  I'm not going to hate on Brad; I've died almost 3000 times in that game, and I've yet to finish the last boss level.

#15 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@skrutop: I'm exactly the same. Second to last level, died an insane amount. Haven't played for a few weeks, though. I need to finish! What will kill me is that Kid warp zone.
#16 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
That was alot more than I expected
#17 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -
@drhans said:
" @skrutop: I'm exactly the same. Second to last level, died an insane amount. Haven't played for a few weeks, though. I need to finish! What will kill me is that Kid warp zone. "
"The Kid" is actually not that hard compared to some of the later Cotton Alley levels, in my opinion. After I 100% the game i deleted it, I don't think I will install it again.. like ever. :)
#18 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Nice! I didn't realize how many "OH!" that thing had in it till I saw that video. Good Show. 

#19 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@emem: I figure as much. Still, I know I've died over 400 times (at least) on The Kid so far and I still can't pass the first area. I've been able to A+ most of the game up to the end, in the Light World at least, but God, The Kid is giving me hell. I'll get through it one day.
#20 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -
@drhans: What's your biggest problem? The rule is to "NEVER run" in the first area and after a while it's really not that hard anymore. For me the first area was the easiest out of the three, to be honest.
#21 Posted by Tally_Pants (591 posts) -

that video was a great way to finish off my day at the office!!!

#22 Posted by Hailinel (24409 posts) -

So much death.  So much curse-inducing frustration.  So much beauty.

#23 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@emem: I'd figured out that that right trigger was a bad idea in there, but I've just had real trouble getting used to the floatyness of The Kid as a character. Hitting spikes on the way down the narrow passages and such. I just gotta keep working at it, like anything in Super Meat Boy. 
#24 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -
@drhans: Yep, I used to have that problem, too. But I figured out that it would be easier for me to do a walljump every time before falling, even before the first passage down (it gives you more time adjust directions).. it helped me a lot and made the whole first half of the first area much easy.
#25 Posted by OtakuGamer (1230 posts) -
Love it, nice one! XD
#26 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -
@emem: Hmm. That makes a lot of sense. I'll give it a try soon, thanks!
#27 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Keep on trucking Brad.

#28 Posted by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -

Nice! 

#29 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

That pretty much sums up the experience of playing Super Meat Boy.

#30 Posted by Th3_James (2577 posts) -

Sounds of Brad: Volume 32 

#31 Edited by p0tat0_5alad (29 posts) -

lol, waaaay more than I thought

#32 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5413 posts) -

I'm going to guess ... 158! 

@Kjellm87 said:

"
That was alot more than I expected "
Awesome. 

Great vid!
#33 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

Poetry in fucking motion.

#34 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

Great video!

#35 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

This should be shown next to the definition of "pulling a Brad"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.