Destructoid's charity stream

#1 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -

I don't know if there's any competition among websites but since it's for charity, I'll let it slide

Destructoid is running a charity event: buy the digital soundtrack to Super Meat Boy while their live stream is still up and proceeds go to Multiple Sclerosis research

http://www.justin.tv/publicaccessdestructoid?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.destructoid.com#/w/529539296

#2 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -

revealed: if they reach 2000$, they'll unveil a secret character from the PC version

a map pack is coming for free in December

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

These charity streams seems to be all the rage lately!

Good on them then.

#4 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

I like charities, but I don't like Jim Sterling. Oh what is a man to do?

#5 Posted by Joelteon7 (101 posts) -
@FourWude: Pay a small, but variable, amount for an awesome sound track, get to feel good about donating AND you don't actually have to watch the feed. Doesn't that technically count as a win-win? 
Which reminds me, on my way to buy the music. I was toying with the idea before, but totally up for it now.
#6 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -
@FourWude: 
Jim's not in it. 

Jonathan Holmes and John Carnage and Tara Long was briefly there
#7 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -

Confirmed: they hit 2000$, so they announced that in the PC version of Super Meat Boy, Captain Viridian from VVVVV will be included

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -
@Mystyr_E said:
" Confirmed: they hit 2000$, so they announced that in the PC version of Super Meat Boy, Captain Viridian from VVVVV will be included "
Just seen that and I think that is awesome.  Might have to get the PC version as well to use the new characters and for the level editor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.