Did anyone else finish everything in the game?

#1 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -

I mean all the stages, light and dark world, all bandages, hidden characters, romhack worlds, achievements, and the first downloadable set of episodes?

I'm both proud of myself, scared of myself and sad that it's done. (For now.) And found myself downloading I Want to Be The Guy...which is so much more evil than Super Meat Boy.

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@CanuckEh: What IS I Wanna Be The Guy? I guess I could look it up but that would take more effort.
#3 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -

It's a free downloadable 8-bit homage-gone-wrong starring the Kid, who wants to be the Guy. A lot of NES character sprites and a great amount of pain ensues. 
http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/ 

#4 Posted by DudeMansack (6 posts) -
I finished everything I think... Light and Dark worlds, all A+, all the warp zones, and character unlocks that I know of, the game tells me I've only done I believe 293 levels, how many are there?!?! I think I saw some 307's on the leaderboards, but I don't believe I'm missing almost 20 levels since I got the completionist achievement.
#5 Posted by Legend (2599 posts) -
@CanuckEh:  I'm almost there! I still need to beat the last two levels in the Cotton Valley's dark world, and the kill screen levels in world 4, 5 and 6.
#7 Posted by ShoundshLikeFunf (6 posts) -

How did any of you do any of this?  I'm still stuck in Hell.

#8 Posted by ReyGitano (2465 posts) -

To you brave men and women who have 100% completed this game, congratulations. To mention an old thread... you are indeed motherfucker enough.

#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (13976 posts) -

I assume if you actually 100% the game men in white coats immediately burst through your door and drag you off.

#10 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I Wanna Be The Guy is more about memorization

#11 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -
@ShoundshLikeFunf: Playing a lot. I'll say that the way the game handles dying and restarting is so smooth that it's hard to not find yourself playing a ton. And I find you just gradually get better the more you play, that sinister World 1 romhack level becomes really easy by the time you've finished some World 5 stages.
#12 Posted by CanuckEh (77 posts) -
@Gamer_152: What if the game says you finish with 117%? does a SWAT team appear outside your house?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.