Did You Get Any of the Indie Games featured in Super Meat Boy?

#1 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -
#2 Posted by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -

I have:

Braid
Spelunky
VVVVVV
Machinarium
Half-Life (this is an indie game, yeah?)

But I don't have Super Meat Boy.
#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

I own Gish, Alien Hominid, Braid, Aquaria, Minecraft, World of Goo, VVVVVV, Bit.Trip Beat, and uh... the Half-Life series.
My decision to by those games had nothing to do with Super Meat Boy. The only two I bought after the game came out were Bit.Trip Beat and Minecraft, but them being in SMB was irrelevant. I knew about Commander Video being in the game, but that didn't influence my decision to buy the game. And Steve wasn't announced yet when I bought Minecraft.

#4 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

I have Minecraft but I'm not sure the dude is in SMB (wow I just got that) yet.

#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I already had a couple of Bit Trip games, Half Life, World of Goo, Minecraft, and Braid.

#6 Edited by mnzy (2916 posts) -

Actually yes, I downloaded Allmighty Jill, N+, VVVVVV, I Wanna Be The Guy, Spelunky, Knytt and that other game from the Knytt maker. And I bought an indie pack on steam with Gish in it.
I barely played them, but I did it just this week because I got a laptop with a bad graphics chip and I thought a few indie games would be nice.

#7 Posted by Entus (254 posts) -

Most of them, but the only one I finished was I Wanna Be The Guy.

#8 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -
#9 Posted by Timing (622 posts) -

No. Though I already owned Alien Hominid, Gish, N+ and Castle Crashers before playing Super Meat Boy.

Heck, I even played a lot of Jumper (2) what must have been like 5 or 6 years ago, back when Matt Thorson was still known as YoMamasMama.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (12042 posts) -

I owned or had played most of them already.

#11 Posted by Meltac (2004 posts) -

I downloaded Jumper, and RunMan because of SMB, but already owned Machinarium, World of Goo, and I Wanna Be The Guy.. and Half Life of course. 

#12 Posted by fallaciousPsychologist (27 posts) -

I played VVVVVV, World of Goo, Half Life and I Wanna Be The Guy before I heard of Super Meat Boy. However I hadn't heard of a few of the other characters and I am interested in trying their games out.

#13 Posted by Jeust (10758 posts) -

I have both Alien Hominid and Half-life 1, 2 and the episodes.

#14 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I have WoG, HL (no duh) and Braid...but I already had those.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have Alien Hominid on the PS2.

#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

I've played Half Life and own Castle Crashers. That is it, though.

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

It has come to my attention that I bought Machinarium during Steam's Black Friday sale, which was partially motivated by Super Meat Boy. My previous vote for B does not take into account this oversight.

#17 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

I've been playing Gish forever. That's an oldie.

#18 Posted by JP_Russell (1172 posts) -

None actually because of SMB.  I've owned Braid and Aquaria for a while (and all the Half-Life games, of course), and I've played the demos for Gish, World of Goo, Machinarium, and VVVVVV.  Oh, and I played Alien Hominid's flash game on Newgrounds a long time ago.

#19 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Wait, Tim from Braid and the World of Goo goobers are in Super Meat Boy? If so, then I must change my answer.

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

B.

Got Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, and Braid before I even heard of this game.

#21 Posted by JP_Russell (1172 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
"Wait, Tim from Braid and the World of Goo goobers are in Super Meat Boy? If so, then I must change my answer. "

Tim is in the 360 version, and the goo ball is in place of the headcrab in the non-Steam PC version (though Team Meat will supposedly give us a code to type in that will let us play as the goo ball in the Steam version eventually).
#22 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

I already had Gish, Braid, Machinarium and bit.trip BEAT along with HL2 (but I'm not sure if you'd consider Valve an indie developer).

#23 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I played about half of those games prior to even hearing about the meatboy.

#24 Posted by Eristocrat (440 posts) -

Already a big VVVVV, Braid and Castle Crashers fan before SMB but SMB did make me check out Flywrench.  I guess I also have any other games that were in either humble bundle but I haven't played much of those.

#25 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

All said, though, I can't be the only one who felt like Twisted Pixel got left hanging in the wind a bit. Kind of an off omission. Though maybe they opted out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.