Funny Windows 7 error on quit

#1 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -

So I got Super Meat Boy on Steam, and it works fine. Until I quit, at which point Windows 7 is consistent in giving me a "SuperMeatBoy.exe has stopped working" error. When I start the game up again everything is fine. Is anyone else experiencing this?

P.S. Meeeeeaaaaatttt~

#2 Posted by stinky (1551 posts) -

came here looking for humor, bit disappointed. 

#3 Posted by timay (190 posts) -

I have the same problem on my win7 64bit machine. 

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14420 posts) -

They are aware of the issue, but it's not a priority at the moment. They are more worried about bugs that actually stop people from playing the game rather than the crash that happens when you exit, which doesn't effect anything since you were going to close the program anyway. Their latest blog talks about all of the issues they are aware of and what priorities they are.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Thanks. Yeah, that makes sense. It's not a major concern, I was just wondering if it was happening to others as well.

@stinky: Now I feel bad for disappointing you.
#6 Posted by IamTerics (419 posts) -

I had wierd crashes too. Like when i switched too windows mode and twice I couldn't move or anything. Other than it works fine.

#7 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
#8 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" They are aware of the issue, but it's not a priority at the moment. They are more worried about bugs that actually stop people from playing the game rather than the crash that happens when you exit, which doesn't effect anything since you were going to close the program anyway. Their latest blog talks about all of the issues they are aware of and what priorities they are. "
what really bugs me about this is that it doesn't save your settings since it crashes every time on exit so i have to turn the volume down every time i start it..... (i guess that's the reason for it, not sure tho...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.