GDC11: Super Meat Boy for 3DS is a Possibility - Not for WiiWare

#1 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

If you're not quite on top of things, you might not know that the Game Developers Conference is this week. It is the world's largest professionals-only game industry event.

Anyhow, Tommy Refenes and Edmund McMillen, the main members of Team Meat, let everyone know that they have 3DS development kits and that Super Meat Boy for the 3DS is a possibility.

Tommy and Edmund also confirmed that a Super Meat Boy will never make a WiiWare release. Ever.

I guess the good news is a little better than the bad news.     

Original
#2 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I'd like me some portable Super Meat Boy.

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
" I'd like me some portable Super Meat Boy. "
I'm not sure have such a rage inducing game on a hand-held is such a great idea. You can't just throw the controller... :P
#4 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
I'd like me some 3D Super Meat Boy. 

No wait I'd probably get nauseous. 
#5 Posted by august (3826 posts) -

Nintendo really needs to make make Super Meat Boy 3DS is a reality. They'll sell so many replacement consoles when people rage-break their originals.

#6 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

That would be a nice game to have on the 3DS with nothing else really at the start. Also it is just good.

#7 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Sweet! I'll buy the game a third time.

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@august said:
" Nintendo really needs to make make Super Meat Boy 3DS is a reality. They'll sell so many replacement consoles when people rage-break their originals. "
That's exactly what I was thinking. haha
#9 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Now you can die hundreds of times to get the Kid... IN 3D!!!

#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
Just as long as your desire for a portable Super Meat Boy doesn't lead to purchasing Super Meat Boy Handheld, which is intentionally a bad game.
#11 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Just give me the PS3 version. That's all I care about.

#12 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

If I had a 3DS, I'd probably pick it up. 

But I'm not picking up a 3DS, so...

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14341 posts) -
They confirmed that they were giving up on the wiiware release a while ago. They couldn't get the download under Nintendo's 40MB limit, and Nintendo wouldn't budge on the limit. a 3DS version sounds cool, but I'd be worried about hurling a $250 console across the room in anger.

@BulletproofMonk said:
" Just give me the PS3 version. That's all I care about. "
That's never going to happen, because of exclusivity agreements with Microsoft.
#14 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" a 3DS version sounds cool, but I'd be worried about hurling a $250 console across the room in anger. "
You haven't lived until you've thrown a $250 device across the room. I highly recommend it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.