hell boss (spoilers)

#1 Posted by chu52 (238 posts) -

The boss for the hell level is perhaps the most ingenious boss monsters I have ever seen. Fighting the very deaths that got you to the boss is simply amazing. A+, 5 stars, bravo, and well done. anyone else in awe of this creature?

#2 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -

It was creative and a great art direction, but I wasn't a huge fan of how the boss fight went. The boss fights have been lackluster for me altogether though.

#3 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Here's what I wondered when I saw the hell boss. If one managed to never die up until that point, who would the boss be?

#4 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -
@LunarAura:  Whoa, for real, what are the possibilities? I can't even think of one!
#5 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

What? the boss changes depending on your number of deaths so far in the game?  

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

#6 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

I don't get it. How does it work? I thought he was pretty bad, you just had to learn his routine, which didn't seem very creative for that game.

#7 Posted by chu52 (238 posts) -
@mnzy said:
" I don't get it. How does it work? I thought he was pretty bad, you just had to learn his routine, which didn't seem very creative for that game. "
Its creative in design, made of your own failure, not so much in its routine. I want people to remember this topic for what it could have been not what it was
#8 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Oh I finally see what you are trying to say here...because you fight a monster that literally is all your deaths in hell. Well, ok...

#9 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -
@CookieMonster said:
" What? the boss changes depending on your number of deaths so far in the game?  

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

"
No it does not. It's just a creative idea, that the boss is made up of all of your deaths, not that it literally is.
#10 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

It's not that creative at all really, it's been done before quite a few times, like almost everything in Super Meat Boy.  It's not even like the boss actually changes depending on your deaths or anything so it's really less impressive than other games which have done this in the past.

#11 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

The Hell boss was pretty terrible IMO.

#12 Posted by Herreno (333 posts) -

Great in concept but it was a pretty shitty boss =/.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.