Help! My game is.

#1 Edited by JacDG (2130 posts) -

So, I recently returned to Super Meat Boy after hearing rumors about the update forthcoming, and I though, might as well try to finish the last level of chapter 6 (not the final boss one). I didn't have that much luck, and didn't play the game for a couple day before the April Fools "fake" download of the update. After downloading the update, I wanted to try again, but then my game started crashing. The weird thing however is that the game only crashed when I'm trying to access world number 6, I can play the rest of the game perfectly, but I cannot play the 6th world for some damn reason. Have anybody else experienced the same problem, or are there someone out there who can help me solve this? I took a screen cap of the error of that helps. (see image below, or check my gallery)

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14110 posts) -
Direct linked for those who can't see the above image very well. Users on the Steam forums have actually already noted this problem but as far as I know there's no fix for it at the moment.
#3 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

The only tip I can give is to try changing resolution. If that's even possible in that game. Or change your native resolution to match with the one in Super Meat boy.
Only comment I saw that mentioned any kind of "solution" was that if you click ignore, the cutscene should continue. That's the only things I can think of, short of reinstalling the game.

#4 Posted by supermike6 (3645 posts) -

Help! My Game is (what?) My Game is (who?)  My Game is...*tikka tikka* Slim Shady. 

#5 Posted by SoylentGreen (259 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
" Help! My Game is (what?) My Game is (who?)  My Game is...*tikka tikka* Slim Shady.  "
I was totally thinking of that when I saw the thread title.

Looks like the update broke something, OP. Wait for a fix and hope your save isn't corrupted.
#6 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -
@SoylentGreen said:
" @supermike6 said:
" Help! My Game is (what?) My Game is (who?)  My Game is...*tikka tikka* Slim Shady.  "
I was totally thinking of that when I saw the thread title.  Looks like the update broke something, OP. Wait for a fix and hope your save isn't corrupted. "
Yeah I'd give you that one, clever boy Supermike6. Anyway, I'll try and wait for a fix since I tired the resolution stuff yesterday and it didn't work, I just hope to god my save isn't corrupted, I've almost shed both blood and tears trying to get this far, certainly have shed some sweat...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.