How many times have you died?

#1 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5834 posts) -

So far I've died about 1,700 times. I'm only in world 2, but I've been trying to get 100% on it. It's easy to get careless and just make really stupid mistakes over and over again.

so now other people post their death counts.

#2 Posted by Hammerjelly (221 posts) -

I just checked last night and i'm at 1900, but I've already finshed the light world and part of the dark world and warps. I am curious what that number will be when I'm finally done with this game. Probably close to 5000

#3 Posted by weegieanawrench (1940 posts) -

Almost 1000 times. I'm also on World 2, also trying to 100% everything. UGH.

#4 Posted by Newjack (232 posts) -

There's a way to tell? Awesome I'll have to check it out!

#5 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5260 posts) -
@Newjack said:
" There's a way to tell? Awesome I'll have to check it out! "
Yeah go to the stats section from the main menu. I'm sitting at a chill 2,100 and actually on the last level before the boss of "The End". I would say about 500 of those was trying to get The Kid, but failed at that because I got so strung out over it.
#6 Edited by JackSukeru (5916 posts) -

None yet :(

#7 Posted by chu52 (248 posts) -

Well over five thousand. By the time I 100% it I imagine I'll be over 9000

#8 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Close to 9000 times...99% completion.

#9 Posted by Joelteon7 (101 posts) -

79% total completion (chapters 1-4 100%'d) and I'm at 4945. So far three levels have given me a lot of trouble and had deaths in the hundreds: The Kid's first level, one of the Hell dark world levels and the first level of the first warp zone in chapter 5 (Skyscraper). Currently working on Skyscraper. Almost completed the second level with bandage, but I was an idiot. 

#10 Posted by Eaxis (928 posts) -

9700 deaths with 100% completion, getting bandages and completing some of "teh Internets" levels.
#11 Posted by Lumley (960 posts) -

I've died 5150 times. I've got 78% total progress. 

Bare in mind that I've beaten.. the Kid's level,completed the dark world and got about 76 bandages.

#12 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -

I finished the Light World the other day and saw the first ending having died 1944 times. My overall completion percentage is a lowly 35%, but I honestly don't think I have the reflexes or the patience to push through most of the Dark World levels. Still, an awesome game and well worth the 800MSP.

#13 Edited by nick_verissimo (1386 posts) -

I'm at 48% completion and have 1747 deaths....yikes. 

Note: The second after I checked this I just went and played another 45 minutes of the game after telling myself I'd work all afternoon. DAMN YOU MEAT BOY!!!!

#14 Posted by Joelteon7 (101 posts) -

I want to update this. I have just now 100%'d Chapters 1-5, including all the bandages. I now have 7267 deaths. Fuck you Dark Rapture! 

#15 Posted by jpete (20 posts) -

I'm at around 17,000 deaths I think.  But I've completely finished everything and tried to work on improving a bunch of my times too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.