I do not want to be The Guy anymore

Posted by Chumppell (22 posts) -

 Dear  "The Guy!" Warp Zone,
 
I never thought it would happen to me. Thanks for giving me "The Kid". I'm glad we could share that pixel-thin slalom through spikes on an elevator, that precarious double jumps over rows of gleaming spikes and a few very mobile sections of spiked wall looping endlessly across the screen. Sadly, I will not be visiting in the near future because I value my fingers and this keyboard a bit more than our time together.
 
With sincere apologies,
 
Sam

#1 Posted by Chumppell (22 posts) -

 Dear  "The Guy!" Warp Zone,
 
I never thought it would happen to me. Thanks for giving me "The Kid". I'm glad we could share that pixel-thin slalom through spikes on an elevator, that precarious double jumps over rows of gleaming spikes and a few very mobile sections of spiked wall looping endlessly across the screen. Sadly, I will not be visiting in the near future because I value my fingers and this keyboard a bit more than our time together.
 
With sincere apologies,
 
Sam

#2 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

I request your permission to copy/paste your letter and send it to the "The Guy" warp zone. :)

#3 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

Hehe, I'm also happy I don't have to play it again.

#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

You're not a pro unless your hands are bleeding.

Moderator
#5 Posted by Jayzilla (2567 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" You're not a pro unless your hands are bleeding. "
and if you are a pro *waves had like a jedi* "you want to go home and rethink your life".
#6 Edited by WrathOfBanja (355 posts) -

Oh, that level? 
I did it on my first try. It was easy.

#7 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

I beat it my second day with the game, after about a two hour play session with that warp zone. Make sure you're using your walls to the fullest advantage. 
 
(Also, I will admit that I'm REALLy good at this game, to a kind of stupid level. I'm not meaning to brag, just making it clear that my view on which levels are difficult and which are absurd is kind of skewed. BTW, you don't even want to know what some of the dark world levels look like. >.<)

#8 Posted by Xakura (126 posts) -
@Jayzilla:
You don't get internet-creds for quoting the prequels.
#9 Posted by Chumppell (22 posts) -
@Little_Socrates said:
" I beat it my second day with the game, after about a two hour play session with that warp zone. Make sure you're using your walls to the fullest advantage.  (Also, I will admit that I'm REALLy good at this game, to a kind of stupid level. I'm not meaning to brag, just making it clear that my view on which levels are difficult and which are absurd is kind of skewed. BTW, you don't even want to know what some of the dark world levels look like. >.<) "
Pretty much any other level has been entertaining. I have loved every dark world level I have played. Hell, the minus worlds are pretty damn cool for being pretty plain. The Kid's Warpzone levels were just boring and repetitive, with the exception of the last one which was a bit easy. I get that was the flavour of IWTBTG, but it doesn't really "jive" with my "flow", if you get me. Or even if you don't.
#10 Posted by Sarumarine (2264 posts) -

I think that's the really poetic part about anything related to "I Wanna Be the Guy" because when we finally succeed and beat the insanely punishing task.... we realize that, no, we DON'T want to be the guy. We just want to be ourselves.
 
...
 
But for real man, screw that goddamn warp zone.

#11 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -
@Chumppell said:
" @Little_Socrates said:
" I beat it my second day with the game, after about a two hour play session with that warp zone. Make sure you're using your walls to the fullest advantage.  (Also, I will admit that I'm REALLy good at this game, to a kind of stupid level. I'm not meaning to brag, just making it clear that my view on which levels are difficult and which are absurd is kind of skewed. BTW, you don't even want to know what some of the dark world levels look like. >.<) "
Pretty much any other level has been entertaining. I have loved every dark world level I have played. Hell, the minus worlds are pretty damn cool for being pretty plain. The Kid's Warpzone levels were just boring and repetitive, with the exception of the last one which was a bit easy. I get that was the flavour of IWTBTG, but it doesn't really "jive" with my "flow", if you get me. Or even if you don't. "
I get you, though I personally liked it more. The Kid's first warpzone level was entertaining to me, and the other two weren't nearly as frustrating to begin with. I didn't like IWTBTG myself, but this was more fun to me for some reason. 
 
I'm specifically talking about the last 25 or so dark world levels...meaning the last 5 in Rapture, and every one in Cotton Alley. I've seen my friend doing some of the DW Cotton Alley, and it's absolutely absurd. 7-19x is a cruel joke, most specifically. My friend has figured out the level, and he's beat everything up to that point (and the level after it) but he is at this point physically incapable of beating the level. XP 
 
Minus worlds have all been cool, and most of the dark world is wonderful. Actually, even the five DW levels I'm talking about in Rapture were great, but they're absolutely absurd in difficulty.
#12 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

 Man this level can go STRAIGHT TO GODDAMN HELL!!!!!!!!
I just spent about an hour trying to beat that piece of shit. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Must take break....must...not....break controller.....
 
@WrathOfBanja:
I mean zero offense but I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

#13 Posted by WrathOfBanja (355 posts) -
@audiosnag:  
You would be correct, sir. 
In fact I gave up and skipped that level, because I'm damn terrible at it.
#14 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@WrathOfBanja: 
I knew it!!
You probably saved yourself some major frustration and preserved your sanity. I'm feeling slightly unhinged and I still haven't beat it.
#15 Posted by Naughtydogmania (44 posts) -
This level reminds me of the original IWBTG game... beat the game and I'm proud of it... not the level though. I skipped it about 30 minutes of gameplay and played the other leves. Just finished the "Then End" chapter on light. The one with bandage girl is really hard! I still think the game of I wanna be the guy was harder cause it had surprises... like spikes coming out of nowhere or a stupid star of the background falls and hits you... The surprise factor was cool... and frustrating... I was hoping they put it on the guy warpzone
#16 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -
@emem said:
" Hehe, I'm also happy I don't have to play it again. "

I booted up SMB (PC) yesterday and The Kid was gone! So I had to unlock him again. Thankfully it was much easier the 2nd time (did 2+3 in < 6 minutes) BUT now he's gone again :(

They're apparently going to patch it though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.