I'm a Golden God... finally.

Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

I know I'm not the first to S-Rank this game, but man... This feel fucking great.  I got more than 15k deaths, my fingers hurt like a bitch, and I won't probably be able to hold a 360 controller for a week. But I fucking did it. This must be, by far, the hardest, most time consuming gaming achievement I ever got... and probably will ever get. 

Needless to say, I will never, ever touch Super Meat Boy again :P

#1 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

I know I'm not the first to S-Rank this game, but man... This feel fucking great.  I got more than 15k deaths, my fingers hurt like a bitch, and I won't probably be able to hold a 360 controller for a week. But I fucking did it. This must be, by far, the hardest, most time consuming gaming achievement I ever got... and probably will ever get. 

Needless to say, I will never, ever touch Super Meat Boy again :P

#2 Posted by Quipido (636 posts) -

uhm.. well done!

#3 Posted by doublezeroduck (277 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
"  I wasted so much time! :P "
Fixed. You're welcome. Lol jk
#4 Posted by DuderBattalion (269 posts) -

My head bows in respect to your awesomeness :) Congratulations !!

#5 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Wow, nice.
Like, seriously. Way to go, that is amazing.

#6 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

Welcome to the club! Now go download I Wanna Be The Guy and beat it on hard! :P

#7 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

I bow before thee, yee braved lands most men give up on two days in. Congrats.  What was the hardest part?

#8 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Dammit. I guess I gotta beat it too..

#9 Posted by MattyFTM (14383 posts) -

Now you need to get the PC version and S rank that. The PC version has "iron man run" achievements for every world, in which you have to beat the entire world from start to finish without dying once. If anyone ever manages to S rank the PC version, they will get my total and unreserved respect.

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

Congratulations. You will shortly be admitted to your nearest psychiatric institute.

#11 Posted by Dalai (7028 posts) -

Enjoy your newfound freedom.

#12 Posted by VirtualAthlete (90 posts) -
#13 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -
@Legend said:
" Welcome to the club! Now go download I Wanna Be The Guy and beat it on hard! :P "
Yeah... no :P 

@Malakhii said:
" I bow before thee, yee braved lands most men give up on two days in. Congrats.  What was the hardest part? "
I admit that The Guy! wasn't that hard. It only took me two and a half hours to beat all three levels of the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp zooooooone. I guess the later Dark levels in The End and the Cotton Alley were harder. 7-20 was hell to A+. 7-20X wasn't so hard, mainly because I had developed muscle memory from playing the Light version, so I could time me jumps almost perfectly. But, sure, the last few levels are a bitch. 

@MattyFTM said:
" Now you need to get the PC version and S rank that. The PC version has "iron man run" achievements for every world, in which you have to beat the entire world from start to finish without dying once. If anyone ever manages to S rank the PC version, they will get my total and unreserved respect. "
Well, I won't. Seriously, I'm not getting even near the PC version. Those Achievements are INSANE. On the other hand, they have Mr. Minecraft, right? He can make "Ironmaning" the different chapters much easier, if I'm not mistaken. 

I'm watching Hamster's Super Meat Boy run and, oh boy, how much more amusing is watching others play this game now that I've beaten it. I can't believe I went through all that. Seriously, it's hilarious. Highly recommended.
#14 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Does Giant Bomb show you how rare an S rank for Super Meat Boy is?

#15 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -
@Claude said:
" Does Giant Bomb show you how rare an S rank for Super Meat Boy is? "
It does, but 360 Achievements are not updating as they should right now. AFAIK, they have been fixed, but updating the database for everyone is taking its sweet time. Premium members go first, then us free members, if I'm not mistaken. Still, only 86 members had the I'm a Golden God achievement last time I checked.
#16 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

I'm on my way to getting the achievement. 21 dark world levels left, and some bandages in Rapture. 

You're not competing against any of your friends for leaderboard stuff, then? If you're interested, send me a friend request on Xbox Live, as I'm sick of only having my one friend to compete with. 

GT: LittleSocrates1

#17 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
" @Claude said:
" Does Giant Bomb show you how rare an S rank for Super Meat Boy is? "
It does, but 360 Achievements are not updating as they should right now. AFAIK, they have been fixed, but updating the database for everyone is taking its sweet time. Premium members go first, then us free members, if I'm not mistaken. Still, only 86 members had the I'm a Golden God achievement last time I checked. "
Never the less, that's something. I'm impressed. I have no wish to play this game. I'm not sure why. Maybe not my thing, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate an accomplishment. I've seen what the game can do. Well done.
#18 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

I WILL 100% THE PC VERSION SOMEDAY! 

Someday. 

Good job JoeyRavn.

#19 Edited by Legend (2659 posts) -
@extremeradical said:

" I WILL 100% THE PC VERSION SOMEDAY!  Someday.  Good job JoeyRavn. "

Good luck getting this one:
http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/impossible-boy/103683/
I did everything there is to do in the XBLA version, and just the thought of trying to beat all levels in the dark world Cotton Alley without dying makes me shudder.
#20 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@Legend said:
" @extremeradical said:

" I WILL 100% THE PC VERSION SOMEDAY!  Someday.  Good job JoeyRavn. "

Good luck getting this one:
http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/impossible-boy/103683/ I did everything there is to do in the XBLA version, and just the thought of trying to beat all levels in the dark world Cotton Alley without dying makes me shudder. "
Well then fuck. 

Also of note: I'm doing this all on a ported version of Steam so I can run it on my Mac. It has a few minor quirks, the kind that might fuck this up for me. 

On the plus side though, my DualShock 3 is working quite well.
#21 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Somebody already iron manned world 5! :O
#22 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

"Now you need to get the PC version and S rank that. The PC version has "iron man run" achievements for every world, in which you have to beat the entire world from start to finish without dying once. If anyone ever manages to S rank the PC version, they will get my total and unreserved respect. "

It's actually not possible to S rank the PC version right now because Giantbomb detects an achievement for the game that doesn't actually exist.

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/-0/102993/  
#23 Posted by Jeust (10642 posts) -

I can say with certainty that I will never do it. ^^

#24 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -

I S-ranked it too, today 8)
But I still got stuff to do, I think I will try.

#25 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I think im at 60% at the moment, i dont think i'll ever get The guy though, its so fucking hard.

#26 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -
@JoeyRavn: I just 100% the game, too. But I still have to beat and A+ the last Dark World level of the Cotton Alley and I think it's pretty weird to get the golden god achievement even if you haven't completed everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.