Is it wrong to find N+ harder than SMB?

#1 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -

Honestly I can't get anywhere in N+ on XBLA. (Haven't even passed 20 levels). Yet I am on world 5 of SMB, Damn you guy from I wanna be that Guy!

#2 Edited by Andorski (5342 posts) -

I'm crap at N+ too.  Just something about the jump physics that I can't wrap my head around. 

[edit] I also just noticed that SMB can stand for both Super Meat Boy and Super Mario Bros.  Clever!

#3 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" I'm crap at N+ too.  Just something about the jump physics that I can't wrap my head around.  [edit] I also just noticed that SMB can stand for both Super Meat Boy and Super Mario Bros.  Clever! "
Mind blown.
#4 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

Yeah, I haven't completed N+, I have completed Super Meat Boy though, well, the Light World that is.

#5 Posted by Bollard (5661 posts) -

S Rank in N+. 

Stuck on SMB Dark World 3. 

^ Speaks for itself ^

#6 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Which game seems to hate you more?

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Just play I Wanna Be The Guy.  It is the equalizer.

#8 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

SMB also stands for Super Monkey Ball.

But yea N+'s levels aren't designed to show you a concept then scale that concept either, it's all just random.  That also makes it harder.

#9 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -
@Tomkang said:
" Honestly I can't get anywhere in N+ on XBLA. (Haven't even passed 20 levels). Yet I am on world 5 of SMB, Damn you guy from I wanna be that Guy! "
Fuck Guy. God dammit.
#10 Posted by thorkins (8 posts) -

N+ is all just about getting used to the floaty physics and understanding the geometry, every surface that is in meat boy is jump-able where as N's worst enemy is curved surfaces. I managed to complete all the main levels and all the dlc in N+, got SMB done just on world 3 for 100%-ing.

#11 Edited by Animasta (14711 posts) -
@Chuggsy said:

" @Tomkang said:

" Honestly I can't get anywhere in N+ on XBLA. (Haven't even passed 20 levels). Yet I am on world 5 of SMB, Damn you guy from I wanna be that Guy! "
Fuck Guy. God dammit. "
go play his game I think you'll have a good time

:)

edit; also he's the Kid, not the Guy.
#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

N+ is more freeform, while SMB is a bit stricter in how you finish levels. So there's more being demanded of SMB players, but N+ players have to be better at improvising.

#13 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

I have a ton more trouble with the homing missiles in N+. In Super Meat Boy I find them easier to work with. And even then, it takes more patience to throw myself at N+ than SMB. 

I think, in the end, SMB is easier because you only have to (usually) beat one level at a time, whereas in N+ there are a few episodes that I still haven't finished because the last level has 3 homing missile launchers in them. *shakes fist*

#14 Posted by Lumley (961 posts) -

I've got about 3 levels left to complete on N+ and I've just completed the dark zone on SMB. 
I find N+ harder mainly because you have to complete 5 levels in a row each time.

#15 Posted by Brendan (7842 posts) -

I personally find it ethically and morally disturbing.  I have not played either game, but I heard about this on Fox News and I don't like it one bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.