Meat Boy costume

#1 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -

So I did this for Halloween 

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Nice.

#3 Posted by MythDarK (546 posts) -

You know what would've been awesome? If it was made with meat.

#4 Posted by solidlife (877 posts) -

where is the trail of blood? 

jking well done nice detail 

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Nice! :D

#6 Posted by Leviticus128 (217 posts) -

cool but I bet your arms are gonna hurt if you wear it for too long

#7 Posted by Garris (187 posts) -

Awesome

#8 Posted by EVO (3894 posts) -

A+.

#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5819 posts) -

you should attach some meat to the bottom of your shoes so you can make a squishy sound when you run.

#10 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" you should attach some meat to the bottom of your shoes so you can make a squishy sound when you run. "
Wow, this! yes!
#11 Posted by Andorski (5287 posts) -

Do you have red pants?  You need to complete the whole red look.

#12 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1496 posts) -

Yeah its great, but you definitely need red trousers.
#13 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -
@leviticus128: I didn't wear it for long, it was hard to drink beer while having it on.
#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Is it wrong that I want to give Meat Boy a hug?

#15 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

RESPECT GET!

#16 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -
@thegoldencat7 said:

" Yeah its great, but you definitely need red trousers. "

I was gonna buy some red pants but after an hour + of cutting and pasting (literally, with construction paper and glue sticks) I figured I had put enough effort into it.
#17 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I saw the Super Meat Boy twitter account RT this: 

#18 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

will anyone get it?  are you going to a halloween thing with video game people?  because otherwise nobody will get it and you'll have a lot of explaining to do. 

but anyways, well done with the costume!  could use red pants though.

#19 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -
@captain_clayman said:
" will anyone get it?  are you going to a halloween thing with video game people?  because otherwise nobody will get it and you'll have a lot of explaining to do.  but anyways, well done with the costume!  could use red pants though. "
The couple of friends that I expected to get it did and almost no1 else did. That's kind of what I liked about it though.
#20 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" I saw the Super Meat Boy twitter account RT this: 

"
When I was making my costume I didn't know that they were gonna give stuff away for best costume but last night I saw that and it definitely beat me.
#21 Posted by Sarumarine (2224 posts) -

For a moment, I tried to figure out if Dr. Fetus was possible. You could get a nice suit and a top hat. Maybe wear a jar over your head with a monocle taped out front, but I don't think it would be the same as a fetus in a jar. 

These are all pretty sweet Meat Boy themed costumes, by the way.

#22 Posted by TSchonbeck (127 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan
you should attach some meat to the bottom of your shoes so you can make a squishy sound when you run.
you are absolutely right.
#23 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -
@Sarumarine said:
" For a moment, I tried to figure out if Dr. Fetus was possible. You could get a nice suit and a top hat. Maybe wear a jar over your head with a monocle taped out front, but I don't think it would be the same as a fetus in a jar.   These are all pretty sweet Meat Boy themed costumes, by the way. "

From twitter
#24 Posted by Sarumarine (2224 posts) -
@izzy: Ah yeah! I had a cylindrical jar in mind but that works too! The scribbled on monocle is pretty good as well.
#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Not bad.

#26 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -
#27 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
#28 Posted by izzy (41 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.