Meat boy how could you?

#1 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -

Ok so yesterday I decided to go back and A+ a bunch of levels so I could do the dark world section.  I did all of salt factory and half of hell before deciding to put the controller down before I lose all my hair.  Anyways I hop back on again this morning and all of my progress from yesterday is gone.  Anyone else run into this problem and know how I could possibly avoid this?  Alot of hard work and trial and error all gone down the drain.  Curse you meat boy and of course Dr. Fetus.

#2 Posted by mracoon (4979 posts) -

I've had this issue on the XBLA version but I thought they'd fixed it.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -

Yeah sorry forgot to mention this is the XBLA version and yeah I guess they didn't.  Well at least I know it is an issue and not my xbox freaking out.  Thank you sir.

#4 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

I thought they fixed this to. Are you on xbox live so you can gather all new updates?

#5 Posted by mracoon (4979 posts) -

Looking at the Team Meat blog it looks like a patch is going through certification (posted Jan 22nd):

The Xbla Patch has been resubmitted to MS with a ton more fixes, it just needs to pass approval to take effect.

#6 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -
@FritzDude: Yep i'm on xbox live but sometimes i'm offline playing games as well.  I don't know how it happened but i'll just do it again anyways.  Definitely still a five star game in my book :)
#7 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -
@mracoon:   Awesome hopefully this takes care of it.  Thanks for the info dude.
#8 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

You're playing with a controller? Pffff. 

(I wish I was playing with a controller)

#9 Posted by Jaxley (64 posts) -

So does that mean you'd get your progress back then, or just that the fix would stop it from happening again? It'd take me ages to do that on SMB so if that happened to me, well, I don't think I'd even want to play it ever again.

#10 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

i stopped playing this game cos my progress never saved

#11 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -
@Jaxley: I think it will just fix it to not happen again.  It won't take that long to do it over again.
#12 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

I stopped playing because of this problem, though I was unsure whether or not I was ever affected. Last week I started playing again, from scratch (I had formatted my x360), and today I beat it (the normal levels, with mostly A+'s). The good thing to know is once you beat the main bit, there is an extra chapter, not to mention "teh Internets" or "Super Meatboy World", and then you have all the dark worlds. 

Here is the information you may need: 
Whenever you feel like exiting the game and shutting down, go to the very 1st level and beat it. If the bandage girl save icon appears in the bottom left hand corner then you are good to go. If you beat a really intense level you could save the replay, and this might somehow enable the save feature for when you beat the next level. Savvy-Hardcore players have noticed that when the game fails to remember to save for you, that the bandage girl icon doesn't appear. Team Meat have said to try not to hit restart as soon as you beat the level, because this might stop the save process.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -
@afrofools: Hmm my quick restarts may be why this is happening now that I think about it.  Thank you for the heads up and good luck with the dark world if you dare attempt them :)
#14 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -
@laserbolts said:
" @afrofools: Good luck with the dark world if you dare attempt them :) "
#15 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -

That did happen to me once but I restarted my Xbox and it all came back. I lost everything though, so I don't think it'd be the same problem

#16 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

I thought you knew, Super Meat Boy hates you. 
#17 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Thank God I haven't run into this yet.  I had no idea it was an issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.