PETA responds to Super Meat Boy

• 97 results
#51 Posted by cnlmullen (910 posts) -

Beat it. Yeah, it kinda sucked.

#52 Posted by MaddProdigy (1074 posts) -

PETA...lol

#53 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Team Meat should sue for blatant copyright infringement. Yeah it would be a dick move, but PETA are humongous assholes that deserve it, and dicks fuck assholes.  "
Parody, yo.
#54 Posted by JoelTGM (5783 posts) -

all they did was remind me I hate tofu

#55 Posted by Meteora (5844 posts) -

PETA is a joke.

#56 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

Im vegitarian and I hate PETA.

#57 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11969 posts) -

PETA? You mean People for the Eating of Tasty Animals? I love those guys! 

#58 Posted by Skald (4394 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Team Meat should sue for blatant copyright infringement. Yeah it would be a dick move, but PETA are humongous assholes that deserve it, and dicks fuck assholes.  "
Parody is a form of fair use, even when done for commercial purposes. Don't believe me? Just ask Annie Leibovitz.
#59 Posted by slyspider (1540 posts) -

peta: 'Dont eat anything with eyes!' 
me: 'Ok, when did a cow's muscles have eyes? Fine PETA you win this one, we'll just make all cows be blind now. WIN FOR PETA!' 

peta: 'Tofu doesn't scream when you cut it!' 
me: 'Well no wonder your vegans, you should cook the fucking cow before you cut it! Damn amateurs!' 

peta: 'Vegans make better lovers!' 
me: 'Only if your loving on cows.' 

peta: 'You can't make a dress of roting animal flesh'  
me: 'Your not trying hard enough!' 

peta: 'Meat-eaters are nine times more likely to be obese than vegans.' 
me: 'Thats because all vegans look nasty and sickly and like they are near death all the time, and that there are around 99 times more meat eaters than vegans.' 

end result: FUCK YOU PETA

#60 Posted by RJPelonia (909 posts) -

The controls were just awful. ...There's some irony in that somewhere...

#61 Posted by Killroycantkill (1557 posts) -

PETA is starting to come off as a bunch of pre schoolers with access to a dude who knows C++ or something. Like seriously, someone should make a game about how to be a douche like PETA.

#62 Posted by Geno (6768 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @Geno said:
Parody, yo. "
Doh, you're right. Slipped my mind. 
#63 Posted by Thunderhead (15 posts) -

I feel like Team Meat will respond to this by putting Tofu Boy in their game as DLC.

#64 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

Meat eating people eat living things , vegans eat living things , hence PETA= hypocrites "nuff said

#65 Posted by Rockdalf (1328 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" @Geno said:
Parody, yo. "
Doh, you're right. Slipped my mind.  "  
 No, Capcom should sue.
#66 Posted by wrathofconn (1483 posts) -
@ryanwho: Whale Wars is actually even more retarded than PETA. At least some of the things PETA advocates against are actually illegal. When that boat sank, I laughed.

But when you fund people like the ALF who kill other people, you lose your credibilty, however sound the cause.
#67 Edited by Diamond (8678 posts) -

I don't get why everyone gets so upset whenever PETA does anything.  You'd think meat eaters wouldn't be so emotional.

Who the fuck cares what they do?

#68 Posted by Cyborgmatt (101 posts) -

Best response ever: http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/10140239737659392

#69 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

I think some of the other animal rights groups out there need to step up their marketing budgets so that there's at least one prominent voice for the cause out there that isn't run by complete psychotics.

#70 Posted by GlenTennis (3266 posts) -
#71 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" I don't get why everyone gets so upset whenever PETA does anything.  You'd think meat eaters wouldn't be so emotional.  Who the fuck cares what they do? "
You don't know much about what PETA does, do you? It has nothing to do with being "meat eaters", or any such bullshit.
#72 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1493 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
"Fuck PETA, they never show those hot chicks naked. "
#73 Edited by Diamond (8678 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:

" @Diamond said:

" I don't get why everyone gets so upset whenever PETA does anything.  You'd think meat eaters wouldn't be so emotional.  Who the fuck cares what they do? "
You don't know much about what PETA does, do you? It has nothing to do with being "meat eaters", or any such bullshit. "
Eh, I just don't get why people get their panties in a twist over something like this Super Tofu Boy thing.  Hell, why do you get upset over their protests or anything?  Does it affect you in your daily life?

I think my issue is I actually do know much about what PETA does.  People are just acting upset because they're empty headed bandwagoners who want to be seen as part of the crowd.  There is no independent thought involved.  I don't support much of what PETA does but I don't support the anti-PETA angst either.
#74 Edited by Jeust (11476 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

" It actually plays a lot like the original Meat Boy. The physics aren't anywhere near as tight, but I'm quite impressed, it's far better than I expected. "

Yeah, the game isn't that bad! 

Might play Super Meat Boy now. ^^
#75 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

Team Meat is stirring shit up on Twitter and their site. 

Oh god, this is all fucking fantastic. it's just so fucking great. 

http://supermeatboy.com

#76 Posted by MattyFTM (14605 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @Geno said:
Parody, yo. "
Considering the game contains Meat Boy and Bandage Girl, two creations of Team Meat, I'm not sure it would fall completely within the fair use laws that mean parodies are allowed. If they didn't use any of Team Meat's characters, it would definitely be fine, but since they use those characters, I'm no so sure.

Either way, Team Meat isn't bothered by it and aren't going to sue. It's free advertising. But if they wanted to, it's possible they could.
#77 Posted by 02sfraser (855 posts) -

Did you know it cost less money to make Super Meat Boy? Also this tweet from the games developers was genius:

'How many Peta members does it take to change a lightbulb?.... None, Peta can't change anything.'

#78 Posted by Vager (1675 posts) -
@Thunderhead said:

" I feel like Team Meat will respond to this by putting Tofu Boy in their game as DLC. "

The totally are. 

Attention internets!: Just finished animating Tofu Boy, he will be playable in the next update via code (update coming tomorrow)    

http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/10230275837534208 
That was fast as hell.
#79 Posted by Tebbit (4572 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" Fuck PETA, they never show those hot chicks naked. "
You clearly didn't go to PETA's alternative website, www.big-throbbing-tofu-dogs.com 

They'll hook you right up.
#80 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

You know what just because peta made this ima go kill a puppy.

#81 Posted by MattyFTM (14605 posts) -

The arguments between PETA members and Team Meat on twitter are absolutely hilarious:

#82 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (1056 posts) -

Meat Boy isn't real, they're advocating against the concept OF MEAT? Incredible.

#83 Posted by stinky (1563 posts) -

advergaming. 
seems they did what they wanted to got you to take a look at the site and talk about it. 
pretty well done graphics for a spoof too.

#84 Posted by ArchScabby (5877 posts) -

I wanna buy super meat boy just because of those tweets

#85 Edited by Pazy (2683 posts) -
#86 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" @Geno said:
Parody, yo. "
Considering the game contains Meat Boy and Bandage Girl, two creations of Team Meat, I'm not sure it would fall completely within the fair use laws that mean parodies are allowed. If they didn't use any of Team Meat's characters, it would definitely be fine, but since they use those characters, I'm no so sure.  Either way, Team Meat isn't bothered by it and aren't going to sue. It's free advertising. But if they wanted to, it's possible they could. "
Well, Team Meat thinks it's parody. So this is clearly a case of what's referred to in US copyright law as Nobody Cares.
#87 Posted by Bigheart711 (1272 posts) -
@mazik765 said:
" Does anyone actually take PETA seriously anymore? "

I think people stopped taking 'em seriously a while ago, especially when they know that some people are just in it to look at some hot ass from the "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" photos.
#88 Posted by Meltac (2001 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Hahahah, that is hilarious!
#89 Posted by eldiax (648 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Awesome!
#90 Posted by Hairy_Fish (375 posts) -

Ah, memories of spider-man. :)

#91 Posted by raiz265 (2245 posts) -

internet is so awesome

#92 Posted by Chop (2010 posts) -

Man, I think Team Meat juts became my favorite developers. Everything about this is so childish but I also love it so damn much <3

#93 Posted by Kjellm87 (1735 posts) -

Did Team Meat add Tofu boy to SMB?
Ba-ha-ha-ha

#94 Posted by matti00 (677 posts) -

I like tofu, shit's good if cooked well. But damn the music on that website is ear piercingly annoying. At least Super Meat Boy has awesome music.

#95 Posted by RobotHamster (4236 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Haha thats hilarious. 

And now their adding Tofu Boy to the PC version, Team Meat I love you.
#96 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -

I just beat Super Tofu Boy and saw the ending. Has anyone else beaten Super Tofu Boy? That's some messed up shit.

#97 Posted by Victus_Unus (5 posts) -
@MattyFTM:  That just made my day.
#98 Posted by JoelTGM (5783 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" Did Team Meat add Tofu boy to SMB?Ba-ha-ha-ha "
yeah, and he SUCKS!  Oh my god.  He's this pathetic pale thing that can't even jump over the first salt pile on the level I tried him on, and he looks so sad while doing it!  so hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.