Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Question About the PC version

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

I'm thinking about buying the boxed copy of the game when it releases next year, but I was wondering if it was compatible with the dual shock 3? It's the only controller I have that works on a PC too, and this is the one genre of game that I prefer to play with a controller. 

Now if you will excuse me, I think I need to go flog myself for a few hours for just saying I prefer to play a game with a controller over a mouse and keyboard.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

If the game supports generic non-xinput controllers, then absolutely. I don't own it on PC yet, but almost all PC games with controller support work with non xinput controllers. But in the cases where that's the built-in only option, the 360 controller emulator seems to do wonders.

edit: If you have a fightstick, I'd recommend using that instead for this game.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops

To be honest, I'm actually doing OK with just the keyboard. Still yet to try a controller.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

If you have whatever drivers you might need, try playing the game, if that doesn't work, use something like JoyToKey.  

I'm doing all this on a Mac, so I assume you shouldn't have any problems on a Windows computer.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

I've been using one of these 360 controller emulation programs. it works great.

One tip thought: Hold down the right trigger instead of holding down square to run. It will save your controller some a lot of strain.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

I see. I just don't want to buy the game and find out that I can't use the controller with it. I know not every game likes to support a lot of different controllers, and I don't feel like spending $50-$60 just for one game.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Assuming the DS3 supports either the xinput or direct input, then yes, it will work with the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sodiumCyclops said:

doing OK with just the keyboard.   

TEAM MEAT WARNED YOU REPEATEDLY. 
    Caegn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Caegn

I use a Saitek Cyborg.  And it runs fine.  I don't even have the drivers installed to let it recognized as a 360 controller.  (Not that it's worked on any Games for Windows game released in the past couple years anyway.  Stupid Microsoft changing things... and stupid Saitek drivers not keeping up...)

Either way, you should look into this.  Works perfect.
    http://www.jayceooi.com/2009/01/19/download-xbox-360-controller-emulator-for-pc-games/

daisai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daisai

I've been using a ps3 controller connected to usb with the xbox360 emulation in DS3Tool so far, it's been pretty good.  I can't imagine playing this game with the keyboard. 

Remember to disconnect it in the software and not just pull the plug after you finish playing because I have accidentally turned on my ps3 more than 5 times already when turning off the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.