Rank hackers....

#1 Posted by Tahnit (140 posts) -

This is really pissing me off. I did an almost flawless run through a level only to find out like 20 people are rank hacking for 0.0 time. Godamnit. Does MS ever do anything about these cheaters?

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19052 posts) -

When the patch comes out, the 0.00 times will be deleted and the glitch should be gone.

#3 Posted by AlisterCat (5712 posts) -

Most of the time leaderboard hacking is not dealt with as far as I can tell. I don't know in this case.

#4 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I saw a dude up on the leaderboards with a lot of levels completed and an impossibly low time, came back the next day and he wasn't even listed.  I'd suggest reporting everyone that does this often though.

#5 Posted by Tahnit (140 posts) -

What glitch is it? Is it people with hacked xbox's or people glitching the game?

#6 Posted by PerryVandell (2109 posts) -

Generally, I've found that ranks hackers usually get away with a bunch of shit, so I never really take online leaderboards seriously. I remember Game Informer had something that highlighted the top "legitimate" player for a certain game which was pretty cool. 

#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Tahnit said:
" What glitch is it? Is it people with hacked xbox's or people glitching the game? "
It's a known bug in the game and very easy to pull off.  A handful of people probably do it by accident, it's easy to do.
#8 Posted by jhsauls (42 posts) -

I did it on accident one time, I switched to a different character after dying and wasn't even looking at the time elapsed after I finished.  I only noticed it recorded 0.0 when I was looking at the leader boards on several maps.

#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@jhsauls said:
" I did it on accident one time, I switched to a different character after dying and wasn't even looking at the time elapsed after I finished.  I only noticed it recorded 0.0 when I was looking at the leader boards on several maps. "
Yeah, I noticed I accidentally did it but I decided to exit to the dashboard instead of finishing the level. Glad they are fixing it though. :)
#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

Leaderboard hacking is something that's plagued a number of XBLA games, good to hear the people behind Super Meat Boy are doing something about it.

#11 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

I managed to do it without realising, it's just a glitch. One of many.

#12 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

when will people learn what hacking is?

#13 Posted by Anatana (79 posts) -

When you switch to a new character for the first time on a level the glitch has a good chance of occuring. Most people are not doing it on purpose, and team meat said it will be in the next title update, which might drop as soon as next weekend

#14 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

How does 0.00 time happen in The Cotton Alley? I'm so salty right now because the ONE level I dominate just got "beat" by a 0.00 time. I have one fucking level, leave it the hell alone!

#15 Posted by Legend (2660 posts) -
@LunarAura said:
"

How does 0.00 time happen in The Cotton Alley? I'm so salty right now because the ONE level I dominate just got "beat" by a 0.00 time. I have one fucking level, leave it the hell alone!

"
The coming update will fix this glitch. It'll be released soon. Just be patient!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.