SMB got an update 140+ New Levels

#1 Edited by evilrazer (480 posts) -

So, Super Meat Boy just got updated with 236 mb patch.

Now we have:
- 7 new worlds
- 140 new levels
- New mode which will select random, but highly scored community levels for you to play.

How do you feel about it?

P.S. Never made it through vanilla SMB and now I just don't know what to do!

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

holy fuck ! 
must be great news for SMB fans 

i got stuck at the salt factory and the game is too hard so no more SMB for me

#4 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

If this is an April Fool's joke, I will personally find you and do bad things to you! >.<
#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6188 posts) -
@drag said:
" PC and 360?  "
Just PC. 360 will get some soon. 
#6 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

Holy freaks, that's sweet! Still need to finish the regular version, stuck at the last level, the last goddamn challenges before the endboss and I can't beat it, still, I'm not that frustrated because it's a fantastic game.

#7 Edited by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -

Except the update is broken. Intentionally. It's an April Fools Joke. If you read the patch notes they say: 

Updates to Super Meat Boy have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Bugs
  • Difficulty decreased on harder levels
  • Better Ammo
  • Happy #PotatoFoolsDay    
All it does is replace Meat Boy with Potato Boy, and add "Super Meat World", which is the new level editor/portal they're working on, but it's broken. Keyboard & gamepad controlls don't work on the Super Meat World menu, and when you select an option with the mouse, it brings up a loading screen which never finishes loading. 

The real & working level editor and portal is due to launch in a couple of days, though.
#8 Edited by evilrazer (480 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Oh, they got me. I thought it's broken because it's a PC game and they would fix it some time soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.