Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Super Meat Boy: Final Verdict

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 29

Edited By RAmpersaND

Well, it's been four whole weeks since I last played Super Meat Boy; by now, I think I'm obliged to admit defeat.

In truth, I beat the game more than a month ago, but there's a difference between beating Super Meat Boy's final level and beating its real final level. Last I checked, I was one of the top 3,000 players in the world and even I hadn't managed to unlock the game's real final level, much less beat it. So, for now, I surrender!

The Good: Responsive controls, terrific design (of both characters and levels), and a number of laughs.

The Bad: Failures to auto-save, which forced me to re-play some tough levels on more than one occasion.

The Stand-Out Moment: Plunging for the first time into Teh Internets.

The Final Verdict: 9.0 (out of 10)

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#1  Edited By RAmpersaND

Well, it's been four whole weeks since I last played Super Meat Boy; by now, I think I'm obliged to admit defeat.

In truth, I beat the game more than a month ago, but there's a difference between beating Super Meat Boy's final level and beating its real final level. Last I checked, I was one of the top 3,000 players in the world and even I hadn't managed to unlock the game's real final level, much less beat it. So, for now, I surrender!

The Good: Responsive controls, terrific design (of both characters and levels), and a number of laughs.

The Bad: Failures to auto-save, which forced me to re-play some tough levels on more than one occasion.

The Stand-Out Moment: Plunging for the first time into Teh Internets.

The Final Verdict: 9.0 (out of 10)

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

also bad: terribly destructive to the cross button on my controller.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

I don't think auto-save issues exist in the game anymore. Didn't they patch that out a long, long time ago?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck
    @nintendoeats said:
    " also bad: terribly destructive to the cross button on my controller. "
    Left trigger is your friend.
    Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Figglesworth

To me the most depressing aspect is the requirements for unlocking characters. I would have liked to be able to choose the unlock rather than be saddled with useless characters like alien hominid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.