Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Super Meat Boy PC outsold XBLA version, even before the Xmas sale

Dread612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dread612
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, when I played the game on my friend's PC, he had a PS3 controller hooked up to use it, so he could play it with a d-pad that isn't atrocious like the 360's. 

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Skytylz

I can only use nintendo d-pads anymore, the other consoles have rather poor dpads and I just use the analog stick.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By p_p_o_d

well that sucks.   

hope team meat learn from this mistake and try and get there next game out on everything they can.   

I expect at e3 we will see Meat Boy 64 coming to PSN, XBLA, 3DSware,  iphone,  steam and anything else they can manage.  

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Animasta
    @Dread612 said:
    " According to Team Meat's Twitter.

I find it kind of surprising since a gamepad is almost required to play this game. Then again I went out and bought a $30 gamepad to play this $15 game, so go figure. 

Source:
    http://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/42363029123371008 "
    it is? I played just fine with a keyboard, there is no difference (also you're an idiot but hey!)
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By MildMolasses

Why were you playing it with a d-pad?  That game screams analog stick crontrol to me (and yes I'm aware that ps3 controllers have analog on all the buttons)

As for the topic at hand, this seems surprising and expected at the same time. There are way more pc's hooked up to the internet than 360's so the digital delivery method favours it. I would be shocked if any game that was only digitally distributed sold better on a console than pc. Also, I'm willing to bet that a far greater percentage of the pc audience was aware of Super Meat Boy before release than the 360 audience. I could see a lot of people being turned off of the look and style of the game if they weren't already familiar with the concept. 

A number I would be really curious to see would be the conversion rate between the trial and full versions on the 360
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Geno

Good games tend to sell more on PC. 

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Jace
    @Geno said:
    " Good games tend to sell more on PC.  "
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    @Laketown said:
    " @Dread612 said:

I find it kind of surprising since a gamepad is almost required to play this game. Then again I went out and bought a $30 gamepad to play this $15 game, so go figure. 

Source:
    it is? I played just fine with a keyboard, there is no difference (also you're an idiot but hey!) "
    Considering the game itself tells you a keyboard is not recommended, he's right.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

Why so much hate for XBLA?  It has the highest quality games that no other console can compete with.  This is only Team Meat's side of the story, if XBLA was that bad...XBLA wouldn't be getting all the best games.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Animasta
    @CL60 said:
    " @Laketown said:
    " @Dread612 said:

Source:
    it is? I played just fine with a keyboard, there is no difference (also you're an idiot but hey!) "
    Considering the game itself tells you a keyboard is not recommended, he's right. "
    I mean, no? Just because they say it doesn't mean it's true. Sure, the default key setting is a little weird but it's not like you can't edit it anyway
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Hunkulese

I don't know why this says anything about XBLA. 

People fell in love with the original meat boy playing it on PC so naturally they bought the PC version. The Giant Bomb community doesn't actually represent the majority of gamers. Most 360 gamers probably have no idea what super meat boy was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.