Super Meat Boy - VVVVVV Edition

#1 Posted by Creamypies (4066 posts) -

In case some of you haven't seen/played this yet, the creator of VVVVVV has made a little flash game in the style of SMB... unsurprisingly, it's pretty tough.

Check it out here!

#2 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Seems alright for being done in a few hours. Its jumping is very floaty, though, and makes it impossible to play.

#3 Posted by Creamypies (4066 posts) -
@Redbullet685: Yeah, the jumping isn't quite right. I know that SMB is kinda floaty, but not like that.
#4 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

Two of my favorite games from last year combined! It doesn't seem bad, especially for a quick project but I can't play a SMB style game not on a controller.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Wait, this isn't the original Meat Boy? Awesome, because this version sucks pretty hard. I've said it before: the controls are both sticky and loose.

#7 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -

I'm stuck here, where do I go now? :D

#8 Posted by Creamypies (4066 posts) -
@Adamsons: Haven't got that far personally, I'd imagine it wants you to go up and around that corner in the top right of the screen?
#9 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -
@creamypies said:
@Adamsons: Haven't got that far personally, I'd imagine it wants you to go up and around that corner in the top right of the screen?
Almost sure that's impossible, the part of the wall that looks like steps is too small to rebound off of and even still - there's no way you could make it around the corner.

Fun little game though, but as said above the controls are torturous.

Also - the warp zone screen is from Hells dark world 4-7x and is called MMMMMM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.