Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Which level do you intend to (or already) "own"?

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Hey there, fellow Super Fuck Fuck addicts!

Since this game has 300+ levels, you've likely found at least one or two where you know the best possible path to take from spawn to finish. Those levels you could probably do blindfolded via muscle memory and/or audio cues. Well, that's nice. Go tell your super meat mommy for a pat on the back or whatever meaty area of your choosing because this thread isn't for that.

This level is for you guys to gloat about levels you PWN HARDX0RE and that means being #1 in the online leaderbeards.

Got your eye on a level to own but aren't quite there yet? Post that here too, ya puss!

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lunar_Aura

So far I have 3-3X THE RED ROOM (10.97s) and 2-13X DUST BUNNIES (6.72s)  0.0sec time glitchers obviously doesn't count.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tsolless

Yesterday I managed to get into the top twenty for most of the world 2 dark levels, except ones where it's an obvious solution and everyone got a similar time, discounting the cheaters. No idea where I am in the leaderboards today. Not really tying to micro every part of the levels right now to sqeeze the best times out of it, just figuring out how to run non stop, which you can do for a lot of the levels, at least in the earlier levels where I am. 

Most proud of '2-7x The Moon' though. I was the third position, now the fifth position. Difference of 0.2s to first place, so right now it would be mostly luck to get a better time since I've made a technically perfect run through it. 

edit:

Oh, I own 2-13X now. 6.65s. Sorry, I just had to.
    And because I wanted to have my own level, I got first place on 2-7X now. 13.7s. Come at me bro.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lunar_Aura
    @tsolless said:
    "Yesterday I managed to get into the top twenty for most of the world 2 dark levels, except ones where it's an obvious solution and everyone got a similar time, discounting the cheaters. No idea where I am in the leaderboards today. Not really tying to micro every part of the levels right now to sqeeze the best times out of it, just figuring out how to run non stop, which you can do for a lot of the levels, at least in the earlier levels where I am.  Most proud of '2-7x The Moon' though. I was the third position, now the fifth position. Difference of 0.2s to first place, so right now it would be mostly luck to get a better time since I've made a technically perfect run through it.   edit:  Oh, I own 2-13X now. 6.65s. Sorry, I just had to. And because I wanted to have my own level, I got first place on 2-7X now. 13.7s. Come at me bro.

"

Nooo, my dust bunnehs! ;_;

Don't know about later on, but isn't it funny how most of the speed run strategy of the dark world versions isn't that much different from the light versions?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mnzy

I'm 15th worldwide on 2-20X, I'm happy with that :>

Earlier I did really well on another level, getting 33th worldwide. I was smiling when I went to the leaderboards only to find out, that a friend was actually 10th.
    From hero to zero, as they say.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By takua108

That one that Brad pointed out in the QL as being the one where he "got the game." I watched the QL after buying and playing the game a bit and I felt the exact same way about that level.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tsolless

And I won back 5-7. Hurrah! 14.32s. 

But someone beat me on 2-7x by 0.02s.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mwng

Think I've placed 5th on a number of the bandage girl levels. Although i've probably slipped a number of places since yesterday.

Krondelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Krondelo

I own 2-8X " Grape Soda" with (9.54s) 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

I've got several top ten scores on the leaderboards. It won't be hard now. Give it a few weeks and the difference between 1st and 100th place will be .2 of a second. Right now it's more like 5 seconds on most levels.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Right now I'm #10 on 4-1 Boilermaker. There's about 35 cheaters with 0.00, so it says I'm #45.  

I'm also #3 on 4-9 Deceiver. 

I usually place in the low hundreds. I'm sure that my scores will be easily topped in the next few days.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Shadow

Right now, I'm #1 on several of them.  Most recently, I got the first spot in 7-15X

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tsolless
    @Scooper said:

" I've got several top ten scores on the leaderboards. It won't be hard now. Give it a few weeks and the difference between 1st and 100th place will be .2 of a second. Right now it's more like 5 seconds on most levels. "

Yeah.  Everyone is working on finishing all the levels first, which is what I'll be doing now as well. I had gotten a few top scores for a level, but then I check back half a day later and one or two people have beaten it. It then takes forever to try and get a better time, and then I lose it again later. Just a lot of work, time, and frustration.

I'm going to be battling for the total game leaderboard.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper
    @tsolless said:
    " @Scooper said:

" I've got several top ten scores on the leaderboards. It won't be hard now. Give it a few weeks and the difference between 1st and 100th place will be .2 of a second. Right now it's more like 5 seconds on most levels. "

Yeah.  Everyone is working on finishing all the levels first, which is what I'll be doing now as well. I had gotten a few top scores for a level, but then I check back half a day later and one or two people have beaten it. It then takes forever to try and get a better time, and then I lose it again later. Just a lot of work, time, and frustration.  I'm going to be battling for the total game leaderboard. "
    I am getting a lot of high scores right now because of the way I'm playing. I go through a zone on light world first, not going to the next level until it has A* rank. Then when I defeat the boss I go through all the dark world versions A*ing all of them and then I go to the next zone once I've gotten like 17/20 rags and 4/4 or 3/4 portals which I can go back and find another time. It's worked fine for me so far and I'm just starting the Hell Zone. Most people don't play like I do though and just go through all the light worlds regardless of time and don't even bother going for A* ranks on light world versions let alone dark.

Also I like to just find the quickest route I can through a level, it's just how I am. Even if I get A* on a level I usualy don't continue if there's some route that I can see that would shave off some time. Soon it won't matter anyway because the very best routes will be worked out and then it just becomes about pure execution and repetition which gets boring pretty quickly.
    tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tsolless

Well yeah I play similarly, for myself as well almost all of my scores are in the top 100, at least. I'm just not trying to go for top position, or 'owning' a level.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Dah! Both my redone dust bunnies and the red room were beaten already. But I gots a new one for you guys: 7-19X XOXO 

You guys better not touch this for a while :)

Kmr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kmr89

I'm going to say 7-12x, just because it's named pink and I hold the #1 spot. <3

My times on 6-4x and 6-5x are better, though. I can do better with 6-4x since I hesitated before reaching bandage girl, but I still did about 2 seconds better than everyone else. I don't expect these scores to last forever. I'm sure once I'm done with this game I'll soon drop far in the rankings.

Oh, I'm not touching XOXO... I don't want to see that level again.

Paddi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Paddi

I somehow managed to "own" 7-16x. In fact, I am 0.97 seconds ahead from the current #2. 

Oh man, I was so surprised when I looked at the leaderboard, I almost freaked out... I just unlocked the Kid about an hour before and then I suddenly set a new world record.

Though to be fair, there were only 72 players on that leaderboard, but still...

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lunar_Aura

It's good to see more #1's representing here in GiantBomb :) although as time goes on, the competition gets much fiercer. The top leaderboards are already showing millisecond differences in many levels. Someone beat my previous 7-19X XOXO but I reclaimed it with a near perfect run. I should own that level for quite a while now.

DudeMansack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DudeMansack

So far... Tied for first on DUST BUNNIES.
    First on DESTRUCTOID, also first on SALT SHAKER. 

I was actually trying to overtake first for DUST BUNNIES, but when I realized I tied for first place, I said what the heck, and quit.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By EmuLeader

I don't know about "owning" it, but i can totally A+ 4- 20X by pure muscle memory.  Played that one sooo much trying to get it perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-6036cbdda761a
    deactivated-6036cbdda761a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I placed 12 on the level before Dr Fetus in Dark World, but I didn't rush-jump through the last part...

DudeMansack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DudeMansack
    @DudeMansack said:
    " So far... Tied for first on DUST BUNNIES.First on DESTRUCTOID, also first on SALT SHAKER.   I was actually trying to overtake first for DUST BUNNIES, but when I realized I tied for first place, I said what the heck, and quit. "
    Correction: I'm now first for DUST BUNNIES!
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Nice!

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By PerryVandell

The first level. One might say I've never died while playing that level.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " The first level. One might say I've never died while playing that level. "
    I've died on that level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.