Who's motherfucker enough to go for 100%?

• 87 results
#1 Edited by 1p (760 posts) -

I need to play more to figure out if it would be too insane to aim for 100%. This is my track record:

• did 242 stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • beat Guitar Hero 1 through 3 on Expert (but gave up on the Dragonforce song)
  • almost got through Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but said "fuck it" on one of the last bosses

I know these are apples to oranges comparisons, but i currently expect the 100% in this game to be harder than all of these examples. Does that sound right?

I kinda hope that it's the right kind of challenge to make me go for it, even it will take forever.

#2 Edited by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

Good luck man, but I have a feeling the completion rate for this game is going to be very low.

#3 Posted by Rubbish_ (60 posts) -

Wait, you didn't finish Ninja Gaiden? 

#4 Posted by mikeeegeee (1552 posts) -

I'm motherfucker enough.

#5 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I can tell you I'm not "motherfucker" enough to do so.  

I just unlocked TEH INTERNETS world and god damn is that tough. I couldn't even get passed the first level. 

#6 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Im trying, ive 100% areas 1 and 2. but this could take a fucking long time.

#7 Edited by 1p (760 posts) -
@Rubbish_:

That's right. I was stuck for days on a shitty fight towards the end that i didn't feel was fair, compared to the rest of the game which was always hard as hell, but not unfair.

I still regret quitting. :(

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@Rubbish_: One would assume he means master ninja. Hopefully.
#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

I would hope that I'm not that much of a motherfucker.

#10 Posted by gamefreak9 (2344 posts) -
@Tylea002 said:
" @Rubbish_: One would assume he means master ninja. Hopefully.   "  
Apparently not... :P, Ninja Gaiden wasn't that hard, i beat black on master ninja. 
#11 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -
@Tylea002:

Nope.

#12 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@Bib: Ah. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, on the Normal Setting, is not truly difficult, it is frustrating and if you proceed unplanned (eg, run out of health potions on the last gauntlet), then you'll be sufficiently more fucked than you would be otherwise. From what I've heard on the bombcast, to 100% meat boy, you will need to proceed way past the "fuck it" mental barrier of frustration.

I'm sure you could achieve greater things! But if you acheive this, then I will be in awe.
#13 Posted by Eaxis (899 posts) -

My goal is to reach 100%. I will never give up, and I will achieve it eventually. I usually get 100% on many other games, and hope to do so with this one as well.
#14 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

I plan on being enough of a motherfucker to pull this off. Got a ton to play so it'll be slow going but one day....

#15 Posted by DerekDanahy (864 posts) -

I'm gunning for it. I would imagine there being a huge sense of accomplishment for getting an S-rank on this game.

#16 Edited by Jeust (10477 posts) -

I've already reached 100%.    

Still trying duders?

#17 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -
@DerekDanahy:

Hell yeah dude.

I'll play more tomorrow and make up my mind.

#18 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

Imma get 100% on this thing.  I just finished teh internets and am 8th in the world on it so I think I can do the whole game eventually.

#19 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

When I get it I'll first just focusing on beating the game, then go for 100%

#20 Posted by Wildfire570 (719 posts) -

Sadly I'm just not motherfucker enough to do something like that. >.<

#21 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

I will try, but will probably end up like I did with Trials HD. Finished all the levels but didnt go for medals at the end and didnt do that crazy achievement with the long run without accidents.
I'm at 80 A+ levels now, missing a few bandages allready.

So far, everything was doable, it's getting harder though.

#22 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Not me. Sometimes I don't even play a game all the way through.

#23 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

Me. I'm at university and I can't get my internet working, so I'm going to go home, download super meat boy and then go back. There will be no Live to distract me and I will rock Meat Boy's face off.

#24 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Im motherfucker enough!
#25 Posted by TheRandomKo (240 posts) -

i'll play it as much as i can, then quit, then go back to it after awhile, then quit, then go back, then quit.. at some point in the future i'll probably get it.. 

#26 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

i can't even pretend to me mothereffer enough :( this game is tough!

#27 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -

I'll try. I haven't gotten far in the game yet (Frickin' jobs, eh?) but if it gets as difficult as the original flash game did? I probably won't get it.

#28 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Bib: No I'm not, but the thought of asking someone if they're "mortherfucker enough" to do an insane task of difficulty made me laugh, so props.
#29 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -

Maybe. I'll definitely try, but it'll be something that just happens in time if at all.

Got N+ in late 2008, didn't finish everything until July of this year. Gave up with Trials though.

#30 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I like this thread.

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I'd like to try for it, but I know I'll end up getting distracted by a million other games getting released because there are too many fucking games that need to be played. 

But I would seriously like that achievement, just to say "yep, I did that shit".

#32 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I'm going to get that achievement... Before I die.

#33 Posted by ch3burashka (5009 posts) -

My grandfather was a motherfucker, so that makes me 1/4 motherfucker. I don't know if it's enough, though.

#34 Edited by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

I'm not goddamn motherfucker enough to own a 360.  Fucking shit it blows this pussy-ass game will never get a PS3 port.  

yay for vulgarity. 

#35 Posted by Johnny2900 (88 posts) -

Just depends how much i enjoy the game, if i don't want to play anymore after the required story then i am done, otherwise i would give it a shot.
#36 Posted by DarkTravesty (330 posts) -

i will attempt it but it could be a year or two till i complete it.

#37 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -

Oh god I just got to the portal where you unlock The Kid from I Wanna Be The Guy. Fuck that. FUCK THAT. 

... I'm gonna go try again.    

#38 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

I am so dissapointed in you.
#39 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I'll take a shot at being a motherfucker, maybe I'll do it one day...one day.

#40 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

100%ing Super Meat Boy is the equivalent of a camel passing through the eye of a needle.

#42 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

I'm probably not motherfucker enough but I'm going to try my hardest damn it.

#43 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I am not man enough to get 100% in super meat.

#44 Posted by Deathpooky (1376 posts) -

Probably not.  I'm near 100% on world 1 and cruising through world 2 without that much difficulty (and I love a game were 5-10 quick deaths = not that difficult), but once the difficulty spikes I don't think I'm going to keep up the Dark World or difficult bandages.  Could be a long-term, multi-year goal, but definitely not going to devote myself to it for the next few months or anything.

#45 Posted by scatterbrainn (38 posts) -

I'm only on the third world, but I have a feeling I'll never get 100%. Same thing with Trials HD - I hit a damn wall, and I don't think I'll ever be able to get beyond a certain point. That said, can't wait for DLC from both of these titles..

#46 Posted by tankintheair315 (347 posts) -

This entails A+ on dark worlds so uuhhh fuck that noise.

#47 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Maybe very long term.  Give me a few years and maybe I can.  (I mean that seriously, but off and on)

#48 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

I'm going to see how far I can get before I say "Fuck This" and stop.

#49 Posted by paulunga (1929 posts) -

Well, I finished N+ and I Wanna Be The Guy, I'm pretty sure I can do this.

#50 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

This game is fucking ridiculous. It's like the Demon's Souls of platformers. Not because of the difficulty, but because you basically just have to recognize patterns and die several times before you get it down. But it's addictive as hell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.