Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Why is this XBLA and PC only?

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By matoya

It seems so stupid that this isn't on the PS3 aswell. I KIND of get the Wiiware thing, but to not have it on the PSN seems ridiculous. Is there any explaination for this? I'd love to play it, but I can't be doing with buying 1500 banana bucks just to play this.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

it's.. a microsoft exclusive maybe ?

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Kyreo

@Ahmad_Metallic: That would be my guess. Microsoft Madness?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mnzy

There is an explanation to this. Short version: Sonys fault.

From supermeatboy.com:

Q: Why No Ps3!!!

A: Why wont this question die? We have answered it publicly at least 15 times but it just never ends.

We Cant EVER do a ps3 version of super meat boy because when we were going into negotiations with publishers Sony was the only one who didn't express much interest in the game. We assumed this ment that they didn't want the game and decided to sign with Nintendo and Microsoft. Our contracts excluded any release on Ps3.
    matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By matoya
    @mnzy said:
    There is an explanation to this. From supermeatboy.com
    Short version: Sonys fault.

Q: Why No Ps3!!! A: Why wont this question die? We have answered it publicly at least 15 times but it just never ends. We Cant EVER do a ps3 version of super meat boy because when we were going into negotiations with publishers Sony was the only one who didn't express much interest in the game. We assumed this ment that they didn't want the game and decided to sign with Nintendo and Microsoft. Our contracts excluded any release on Ps3.
    All I was after, cheers
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

I recall at one point someone mentioned Sony didn't want to bother with it (thought it wouldn't sell well, I think?) and so Microsoft jumped at the opportunity to have it be on their platform and block it from ever being on PSN.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.