Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Metroid

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 19, 1994

Super Metroid is the third game in the Metroid series and the only Metroid game to be released on the Super Nintendo. It has become widely revered for its gameplay, atmosphere, and environmental storytelling, and continues to inspire many action-adventure games.

(Gaming Days x 30)^1337: Day 8 - Best soundtrack

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By 1337W422102

For me, it's SUPER FUCKING METROID.  Those songs fucking blew my mind.  The variety of them and how well they suited the environment/situations are perfect.  The title screen sets the mood with the eerie tune, the corpses bathed in the glow of the consoles, the rhythmic cooing of the metroid hatchling.  And it only goes uphill from there.

The Galaxy is at pea-- wait, what?  Ridley stole the Metroid Hatching?  WELL, FUCK.
     The Galaxy is at pea-- wait, what?  Ridley stole the Metroid Hatching?  WELL, FUCK.
    Just think of songs like the deserted Crateria tune, the Brinstar red drifting sand area (one of my all-time favourite videogame tunes ever), the dreary Maridia songs, and of course, the boss battles and escape sequences.  Fucking Norfair deathmarch, that shit is so cash.

Here's a sample for you.  This is the track that plays when you travel to the Wrecked Ship, feeling like hot shit because you just got the Grapple Beam and the song makes you feel strong.  Then what happens?  You get into the destroyed spacecraft and the music is replaced by an unsettling atmosphere-creating track that taunts you as you uneasily make your way through the strange craft, taking damage from exposed wires and fighting things you've never seen before.

TL;DR, SUPER FUCKING METROID
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By 1337W422102

For me, it's SUPER FUCKING METROID.  Those songs fucking blew my mind.  The variety of them and how well they suited the environment/situations are perfect.  The title screen sets the mood with the eerie tune, the corpses bathed in the glow of the consoles, the rhythmic cooing of the metroid hatchling.  And it only goes uphill from there.

Just think of songs like the deserted Crateria tune, the Brinstar red drifting sand area (one of my all-time favourite videogame tunes ever), the dreary Maridia songs, and of course, the boss battles and escape sequences.  Fucking Norfair deathmarch, that shit is so cash.

Here's a sample for you.  This is the track that plays when you travel to the Wrecked Ship, feeling like hot shit because you just got the Grapple Beam and the song makes you feel strong.  Then what happens?  You get into the destroyed spacecraft and the music is replaced by an unsettling atmosphere-creating track that taunts you as you uneasily make your way through the strange craft, taking damage from exposed wires and fighting things you've never seen before.

TL;DR, SUPER FUCKING METROID

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.