Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Metroid

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 19, 1994

Super Metroid is the third game in the Metroid series and the only Metroid game to be released on the Super Nintendo. It has become widely revered for its gameplay, atmosphere, and environmental storytelling, and continues to inspire many action-adventure games.

How Should I Play Super Metroid for the First Time?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By mattysen

I just got Super Metroid for the Virtual Consle and absoutly blown away by it, but I am not sure how I should play it? Like I know the game consists of time for how good your ending is. So there's 4 ways of playing that I cant decide on...

Damn you Mock Ball! Why do you take so long to learn!
    • Take as much time soaking everything in and finding all the secrets. Playing as natural and fustrating as possible
    • Partually using a guide to ease away frustration, but still trying to find all the secrets
    • Partually using a guide to ease away frustration and trying to run though the game at a moderate pace
    • Use a guide exactly and blow through the game as fast as possible

I want to do everything but I also dont want to invest alot of hours to get a crap ending. I try just to chill out but I am reminded that the clock is ticking everytime I start the game up. (Ideally a code that reduces the amount of hours that has said youve been playing). But If the endings aint that important just let me know yeah
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattysen

I just got Super Metroid for the Virtual Consle and absoutly blown away by it, but I am not sure how I should play it? Like I know the game consists of time for how good your ending is. So there's 4 ways of playing that I cant decide on...

• Take as much time soaking everything in and finding all the secrets. Playing as natural and fustrating as possible
    • Partually using a guide to ease away frustration, but still trying to find all the secrets
    • Partually using a guide to ease away frustration and trying to run though the game at a moderate pace
    • Use a guide exactly and blow through the game as fast as possible

I want to do everything but I also dont want to invest alot of hours to get a crap ending. I try just to chill out but I am reminded that the clock is ticking everytime I start the game up. (Ideally a code that reduces the amount of hours that has said youve been playing). But If the endings aint that important just let me know yeah
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Dalai

I suggest you play through this game at least twice.  The first time without the use of guides or anything.  Just cut yourself off from the outside world.  Then play it again speedrun style, guides optional.

You'll be flying through the game in less than two hours in no time.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mattysen
    @Dalai said:
    " I suggest you play through this game at least twice.  The first time without the use of guides or anything.  Just cut yourself off from the outside world.  Then play it again speedrun style, guides optional.You'll be flying through the game in less than two hours in no time. "
    Ok cool, I'm not a fan of running throught things twice but by the end if it retains this awesome I probley will
    TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon

Super Metroid demands to be played multiple times. Top #1 game of all time for myself.

That said, I'd play it naturally up to when you might start to want to break something. I thikn seeing how far you can go on your own is a neat exercise, and gives you a fresh perspective for those of us who played it before Uncle Internet could help us out.

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By JohnTheGamer

I'd say play it #1 selection the first time and then if you wanna see the different endings just check YouTube, if you're not into going through the game again. Personally I've never played it but am getting ready to buy a copy for the SNES and will play it like #1, and actually I'm probably going to make hand drawn maps on graph paper.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.