Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The deadly futuristic sport of Monday Night Combat returned with a free-to-play sequel, bringing with it new combatants and environments. It was later discontinued on May 24, 2018.

Big Money, Big Prizes, I LOVE IT

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By frankxiv

In this latest patch (Rule Change 25 - 02/23/12), Uber has added PRIZES at the end of every match. Here's the lowdown from Scathis and Eka

Post Game Prizes work like this:
    - Not based off of in-game performance.
    - Based off of in-match time played.
    - Prizes received are based on a random die roll.
    - Some items have a larger chance to be awarded, some are more rare.
    - Prizes are only ever awarded at the end of the game.
    - Leaving a game reduces your opportunity for a Prize.
    - If you crash at the end of a game where a Prize should have been awarded, you will be awarded the Prize at the end of the next game.
    - Prizes include endorsements, products and taunts. In the future it will include uniforms.
    Match length is not a factor, its more of play time across matches. Rarity is a set thing nothing to do with match length.
    Our goal is to have more than one way to get content in the game. There are players that will not spend any money in the game and there are players that just want to buy content as they see fit. Prize system allows both types of players to participate in the economy and encourages players to play the game.
    Systems to deal with having lots of stuff you may not want are coming.

So far I've played 4 matches and got a Money Magnet product as a prize. It sounds like a trading system is coming, and previously they've hinted that a new uniform system might be in the works to mix and match pieces of uniforms to look how you want, so this could end up being really cool. I love how they want to make it so you can get everything through gameplay if you're willing to spend the time playing, or just buy it straight up.

Anybody else get anything cool? What are your thoughts on prizes and such?

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By salomdi

i have got 2 products and a few endorsements. i know someone got the "the cheston" taunt

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mosdl

I got a +3 health endorsement the first game I finished post patch. This is kinda like BF3's system where you get points for just finishing a round - making it worth for people to stick it out to the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.