Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The deadly futuristic sport of Monday Night Combat returned with a free-to-play sequel, bringing with it new combatants and environments. It was later discontinued on May 24, 2018.

Favorite and least favorite Pro?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

As someone who was crazy enough to buy every Pro in the invitational, I can say that my favorite pro is Captain Spark and least favorite is the Gunslinger.

Captain Spark is hard to learn and harder to master, and I guess that's why I love using him. It's just so rewarding getting a grapple kill with him!

The Gunslinger is just plain awful, I play two games with her and hated it. Even with level 4 damage and a few clean shot I never was able to get a kill with her. The only kills I got were from spamming that bullet spam move.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

I've only played the free ones for now, and currently Karl the robot is my fav. I usually lead in bot kills and can hold my self against attacks.

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kelbear

Karl is my fav, with Captain Spark and Veteran running at close second.

Karl is uncomplicated straight up shooting, lots of simple and powerful damage options that can burst damage to kill players and provide a nice steady stream to push lanes. His abilities couldn't be simpler to use either. Spark is a great offensive/defense stun attack, Victor(?) is a great fire-and-forget damage addition, and while Prop blast hasn't really been key for me, it's better than nothing.

Captain Spark has the most powerful mobility ability, teleporting through walls and ceilings/floors means you never really have to worry about getting killed since you can cut off all threats with a press of a button. Easiest assassin class for sure.

Veteran has a great feeling of power. Easy chain grappling, especially with the KaKlaw, means you can take an enemy player from safety to seriously #@^$ed on a moment's notice.

I think I'll unlock Support next, He seems to have just ridiculous firepower for lane pushing.

Gunslinger was my least favorite, decent against bots, crap against players. I'm a good shot, but if I play her at long-range where she's supposed to be, an enemy just needs to back around the corner to heal and they get off scot-free, and shooting bots at long range means no coins so I'm underleveled. At closer ranges she has a useful slow ability, and rapid-fire shots, but it still doesn't compare well to show-stopping debuffs of other pros which can blind, paralyze, or even pull enemies closer; slowing them down is trivial in comparison. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, haven't seen anybody doing it right, maybe if I see someone using the pro well I'll reevaluate.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By jacdg

I'll wait on buying pro's till I see if the game has any staying appeal with me (it should, put about 40 hours into MNC) and if the act of buying stuff gets cheaper. SO far though, Karl is my dude, really simple and descent in every aspect.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gike987

Hate to shut this down but this is the first line in the beta email:

"We ask you not to release any information, screenshots, or video during the closed invitational period except posting in the Super MNC Invitational Forums."

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By jacdg

@gike987 said:

"We ask you not to release any information, screenshots, or video during the closed invitational period except posting in the Super MNC Invitational Forums."

the NDA is lifted

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gike987

@JacDG said:

@gike987 said:

the NDA is lifted

Didn't see that. They should have updated their invite email then (got invited on the 25th haven't played it yet).

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Monkeyman04

As my name stats it all, I love the gorilla character. I even bought him when he became un-free for me.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Gunner, Tank, Assault and Support. Everything else is a bit too hard.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Canteu

Tank is my boy. Played tank in MNC and loving him once more.

Veteran is my least favourite. Just don't like him :p

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rattle618

None cause I dont have access to the game. Thanks for rubbing it in my face guy.

redzavod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By redzavod

My favorite right now is Cheston, and I'd say my least favorite is Captain Spark. I'm working on getting better with other pros, but I just love playing Cheston so damn much.

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By salomdi

SIN SIN SIN SIN SIN SIN

then Monsieur Karl, and the assault

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mosdl

Once more people get in the game and the steam group fills in, I'll see if we can setup community nights so we can fool around and learn together

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By salomdi

^ 3000 invites went out yesterday. lots more people. SOOOOOO MANY NOOBS!

Hurricrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hurricrane

I'm torn right now. Before, I was mainly a Gunner/ Combat Girl fan... then they made the Assassin free. SHE'S SO MUCH FUN! I love running up, stabbing dudes in the face, then jumping away!

Problem with her is that the Assault still can barely be grappled because he's always fucking flying.

Also, anyone else wish that they would let you buy stuff with straight cash? Also, THE PRICES ON STUFF IS INSANE!!

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mosdl

@Hurricrane said:

I'm torn right now. Before, I was mainly a Gunner/ Combat Girl fan... then they made the Assassin free. SHE'S SO MUCH FUN! I love running up, stabbing dudes in the face, then jumping away!

Problem with her is that the Assault still can barely be grappled because he's always fucking flying.

Also, anyone else wish that they would let you buy stuff with straight cash? Also, THE PRICES ON STUFF IS INSANE!!

You can buy Uber points for cash already using the add button in the top left.

Hurricrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hurricrane

@mosdl: I'm well aware of that. I just loathe the idea of stupid funbucks being the currency in everything now. It's beyond retarded.

DuderMcBrohan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By DuderMcBrohan

My favorites haven't changed from the original. Assault and Gunner FTW. I do like karl though. And the gunslinger because I spec in to the debuff skill first and just be a nuisance to pros.

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By salomdi

@Hurricrane: it takes the same time investment (approx.) as league of legends to unlock the 9000cc pros. not the same number of matches due to matches being shorter.

Hurricrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hurricrane

@salomdi: UBER POINTS. You know, the stuff that you have to exchange real money for odd amounts so you are always wasting your hard earned cash. FUNBUCKS.

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By salomdi

@Hurricrane: the most expensive pros (commandos, sharpshooters) are 10 cents cheaper than the most expensive league of legends champions. problem? (easier than having to calculate going via GBP to euros)

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tunaburn

@salomdi said:

@Hurricrane: the most expensive pros (commandos, sharpshooters) are 10 cents cheaper than the most expensive league of legends champions. problem? (easier than having to calculate going via GBP to euros)

true but its going to take much longer to earn that same amount. you get almost nothing from each game.

i think spark is OP. first time playing him went 26-4

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By salomdi

@tunaburn said:

@salomdi said:

true but its going to take much longer to earn that same amount. you get almost nothing from each game.

i think spark is OP. first time playing him went 26-4

nope, thats just quickmatch noobs. assassin is far better due to her higher utility, even though spark has better DPS.

wjames811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wjames811

Gunner is my favorite and i like more

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By buft

I really like the support and combat girl, i enjoy holding back healing and being able to reall get in peoples faces when i need too, combat girls lazer ability probably gives her the edge for me.

I dislike the gunslinger, just cant figure her out at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.