Is the matchmaking any better than in beta?

#1 Posted by latros (81 posts) -

I played the beta for a good 100 hours a couple of months back until I finally gave up on it out of frustration... The lack of a competent matchmaking system left me with a win/loss ratio of around 1/4, meaning on a good day I would win ONE IN FIVE GAMES. Then I compared it to my time with League of Legends: their matchmaking system works so well that most people I know have a 1:1 win/loss, as do I. Meaning: the game pairs you against teams of the same skill level as your team... I quit out of frustration because that simply was not the case in the beta and it resulted in more angry losses than actual fun. My friends and I were constantly paired up against insanely organized and experienced teams that were clearly FAR better players than any of us, so we constantly got obliterated. My hope was that in returning to the game post-release they would have ironed out the matchmaking system and before I bother downloading it myself I figured I'd ask the forums. What are some of your guys's win/loss ratios post-release? Do you find yourself winning and losing around the same number of times? Is it still insanely impossible to catch up and imbalanced when they start snowballing with a few kills lead?

#2 Posted by latros (81 posts) -

Sorry about the lack of paragraphing, stupid IPad!

#3 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

There is matchmaking now, but its important to note that the game is still in beta really.

#4 Posted by JetForceGemini (174 posts) -

There's a lot of new players, so I find that games can go either way. Now's a good time to be playing.

#5 Posted by JustTheThreeOfUs (7 posts) -

Doesn't seem to be any better. Just lost 5 games in a row. There was nothing anyone could possibly do to win in any of them either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.