New SMNC update completely changes GUI adds Item Trading.

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

So 5th update just hit SMNC and with it brings TF2 crossovers, achievements and a completely redesigned GUI and even some in game art assets like the Annihilator icon. Below is the official statement..... Not sure what to think of the new front end.

Free Pro Rotation: Assault, Captain Spark, Gunner, Megabeth, Support, Tank

The Rules have Changed to 5! Though the bacon is still delicious!

Steam trading is upon us! You can now trade Super MNC items through Steam. Trading comes with a brand new Team Fortress 2 crossover! Achieve Agent level 5 and earn the Gunslinger's hat for the Sniper in Team Fortress 2. Achieve Agent level 10 and earn the Engineer's uniform for Combat Girl in Super MNC. Achieve Agent level 15 and earn the Solder's uniform for Megabeth in Super MNC. Achieve Agent level 20 and earn the Assassin's helmet for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2! In combination with trading we've introduced an entire line of Chickey Cantor heads that are only found via Post-Game Prizes. These achievements are all in Super Monday Night Combat. If you are already past the Agent level, you will be awarded the achievement at the end of your next match.

As always, feel free to leave us feedback at http://www.uberent.com/forums! If you have issues please emailsupport@uberent.com.

The current version is: 36006. If you don't have this version, please restart your game.
#2 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1584 posts) -

Did they make creating a loadout easier? I found it real cumbersome.

#3 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

So long as Megabeth is free I'm happy,

#4 Posted by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -

Cool, looking forward to logging in later and checking this out. The UI before was TERRIBLE.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

I gotta keep playing so I can find a Chicky Cantor head!

#6 Edited by BisonHero (6053 posts) -

I imagine this is the style of UI they intended to launch with, except for the part where they accidentally released the game a lot earlier than they meant to. The game sorta feels like it is still in late beta, but then I guess a lot of F2P, constantly updating games feel that way.

I wish there was a way to completely hide the general chat when you're in the matchmaking queue, because Jesus Christ, I hate pretty much everyone I see in there.

#7 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@SpunkyHePanda said:

Loadouts have been easy for a while

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

@BisonHero: If you look at the picture its minimized by default now. You still see it but only at the VERY bottom of the screen.

#9 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

to bad it lags to shit on my laptop :(

#10 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (1584 posts) -

@mosdl said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

Loadouts have been easy for a while

It's possible I'm just an idiot.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

@DEMONOLOGY_24: I've heard people with even high end machines say that. Its odd... cause I don't get the matchmaking issues nor preformance issues I'm hearing about. (Knock on wood)

#12 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Aww. What. The. Hell. 
I just started playing as Tank, Assault, and Support. 
Now they're probably going to be taken every time.

#13 Posted by BisonHero (6053 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@DEMONOLOGY_24: I've heard people with even high end machines say that. Its odd... cause I don't get the matchmaking issues nor preformance issues I'm hearing about. (Knock on wood)

Yeah, I've seen people on the US East server say they've been in queue for 6 or 7 minutes (around 7-11 PM), and that's fucking crazy. I'm on that server, and I've never waited more than like 4 minutes at absolute most.

#14 Posted by Woodroez (341 posts) -

That MegaBeth looks fantastic. I was hoping to see something for her that didn't stick so closely to the roller derby motif.

#15 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

new megabeth and cg skins look awesome, can't wait to claim them.

once steam trading is active for gear, i totally have an extra set of lucha-gear if any duders missed out on it <3

#16 Posted by TheBrainninja (175 posts) -

@onimonkii: Is any of that tradable? My Lucha-stuff is marked as non-tradable.

As a sidenote, how do you claim the new TF2 stuff? I'm level 14 and don't see the Engie uniform in my inventory, and it doesn't look like you can buy it.

#17 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@TheBrainninja said:

As a sidenote, how do you claim the new TF2 stuff? I'm level 14 and don't see the Engie uniform in my inventory, and it doesn't look like you can buy it.

not yet, currently only products are tradable, but eventually everything but cc/xp boosts will be, including pros you own extra copies of.

you have to play a match to get the achievements to pop, they're tied to those.

#18 Posted by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -

@onimonkii said:

@TheBrainninja said:

not yet, currently only products are tradable, but eventually everything but cc/xp boosts will be, including pros you own extra copies of.

you have to play a match to get the achievements to pop, they're tied to those.

Also you have to make a purchase with real money to unlock trading. Im not sure how this works exactly because I have purchased 2 pro's a few weeks back but it doesn't appear that my account is flagged for trading.

#19 Edited by TheBrainninja (175 posts) -

Well, as said, only products are tradable at this point- I've received one product so far, and it is the only item in my SMNC inventory marked as tradable. Do you have products that aren't?

I, too, purchased some Pros, though I did not realize that was a condition for trading. Thanks for the info, guys, I'll hop into a match when I get a moment.

#20 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

i don't have tf2 installed to check there, but i just played a match to unlock the 4 achievements and there's nothing in my inventory for tf2, so not sure if that's working yet.

i got my megabeth and cg skins though so that's cool.

i have some extra products if you'd like to test out trading now, or just want a free "investing for the unenhanced" lol.

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

Fantastic.

#22 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

that trailer highlighted to me how much i need the feel the beat taunt. sorry action hero.

#23 Posted by Vextroid (1354 posts) -

Man... and I just broke away from TF2... you try to get away and they just suck you back in!

#24 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

trading is now open to gear and taunts as well as products, still no endorsements or pros yet.

#25 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

The UI update is better but still not what I'd consider good or intuitive. Baby steps.

#26 Posted by 71Ranchero (2673 posts) -

@TheBrainninja said:

Well, as said, only products are tradable at this point- I've received one product so far, and it is the only item in my SMNC inventory marked as tradable. Do you have products that aren't?

I, too, purchased some Pros, though I did not realize that was a condition for trading. Thanks for the info, guys, I'll hop into a match when I get a moment.

I have 6 and none of them can be traded. Perhaps I am bugged.

#27 Posted by joeq1159 (111 posts) -

I think parts of the new UI are awesome but the store really sucks. Trying to get uniforms used to be so easy and now its all cluttered. You have to sift through a bunch of pieces to find the whole set. Maybe it's because I was so used to the old store set up. Anybody feel the same way?

#28 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@joeq1159 said:

I think parts of the new UI are awesome but the store really sucks. Trying to get uniforms used to be so easy and now its all cluttered. You have to sift through a bunch of pieces to find the whole set. Maybe it's because I was so used to the old store set up. Anybody feel the same way?

totally. the new store is awful, they need to go back to the list format

#29 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1021 posts) -

@onimonkii: You still got extra lucha codes? I just missed it and realised it existed today

#30 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo said:

@onimonkii: You still got extra lucha codes? I just missed it and realised it existed today

gave em away already, sorry :(

#31 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1021 posts) -

@onimonkii: It's ok, thanks though! I wish more were made! Not enough for all us GB fans to rep hard

#32 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I picked this game up again, haven't played it since beta. I'm kind of stunned that I'm able to get 20 kills in matches considering how badly I got beaten when it was in beta though.

#33 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo said:

@onimonkii: It's ok, thanks though! I wish more were made! Not enough for all us GB fans to rep hard

look in the uber forums trade sections, some people picked up multiple sets (i've seen as many as 8), so you might be able to trade for them.

#34 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

I picked this game up again, haven't played it since beta. I'm kind of stunned that I'm able to get 20 kills in matches considering how badly I got beaten when it was in beta though.

They make balance changes each week, its gotten pretty fair.

#35 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@mosdl said:

@Cloudenvy said:

They make balance changes each week, its gotten pretty fair.

I'm sure it's fair, I'm just surprised that I'm doing so well.

Maybe I've just found the right pro for me.

#36 Posted by owack6 (213 posts) -

Uber said that this UI is half done and that most of it will be refined and added on this weeks update.

And if you haven't spent any money in the store you cant use the trading feature for anyone that was wondering, i think the minimum is 5$.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.