Now that it released, how about we make a team?

#1 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I´ve played about 4 hours of this game during the invitational and I must admit I am not great at it, like most moba games it has somewhat of a steep learning curve and requires time before you get the hang of it (although it is not nearly as bad as any other moba I´ve played, with SMNC I actually have fun playing).

What I was thinking was: lets get together and play a ton of this game until we get good at it. The learning process will be faster and more enjoyable if we do it in a group.

To be clear my objective is not make some kind of guild for this game, only to put together a group of individuals who will always play together. If there are a lot of people interested maybe we can form more than one team I guess.

Let me know if you are interested here or through steam (my ID is the same as here).

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (8150 posts) -

I can never remember how the Steam ID thing works, is it my login name or the name that appears on the URL to my Steam profile?

Well, I think my Steam ID is calculated_b and I'd definitely be down, especially since I just got my new supercomputer complete with stable internet.

#3 Edited by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: I think I found you, I just sent you an invite. If you dont get it try adding me: Rattle618

#4 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

We've had Super MNC gamenights as part of our PC Gaming Hub for a couple of months now. @Mosdl is the officer in charge of SMNC so I think he'll be doing something about getting a launch duder shindig going, and of course we use our mumble voice server while playing.

#5 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -
#6 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Yeah I know about that stuff, that´s why I said Im just looking for 4 other dudes to always play with and not a sort of guild. But I will ask around mumble too.

#7 Posted by joeq1159 (111 posts) -

I have played a fuck ton of SMNC (over 200 hours) so if you need to learn the game I can definitely help with that. Feel free to add me on Steam (joeq1159)

#8 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@joeq1159: Awesome, I just added you. It´ll be good to have someone around who knows what they are doing.

#9 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

I call Face!

#10 Posted by owack6 (213 posts) -

I'm new to the game as well would love to get a team going.

Steam id: owack6.

#11 Posted by joeq1159 (111 posts) -

Im working on a guide to the game that I'll post in the forums. I was going to wait until the game was released, but it seems like everything happened sooner than i expected.

#12 Posted by quicklookman (80 posts) -

just got it on steam i would be up for some games ID Killingfurball

#13 Posted by joeq1159 (111 posts) -

What class are you guys looking at playing?

#14 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@quicklookman: I´ll add you so we can do some killing.

@joeq1159: Im becoming more and more interested in Leo, he is good at moving bots along and can heal some... I do not like tanks cause I suck balls at them. Do you have any suggestions?

#15 Posted by joeq1159 (111 posts) -

@Rattle618: Oh man i really love Gunner. Once you get a level up, everything in front of you just dies. It's so awesome!

#16 Posted by Sait0u (18 posts) -

Hey all, I've been playing SMNC for a while too, and really like it, but I'm having a hard time winning without some people to play with. I'd love to get in some games with the GB community. I regularly play Tank, which I feel the most comfortable with. I'm okay with assault and cheston. Can find me on steam at Sait0u. (That is a zero in there)

#17 Posted by yoshisaur (2701 posts) -

If anyone would like to play some games together send me f-invite at ck1nd. I've really taken a liking to the game and can play at any time most of the day :)

#18 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I just started playing today, but I think I'll be a competent player soon enough. I'm on the steam group that @mosdl: made, but my steam ID is "Arker101"

#19 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

I'm in. I think my user here is my handle there, mfpantst. I like the stupid monkey so there.

#20 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Add me on steam = Sayishere if you wanna play, im pretty good tank and support :)

#21 Posted by Brodehouse (9876 posts) -

This game could use some easier "invite group to come play" functions.

#22 Posted by Chim21 (20 posts) -

Add me.

Steam id: Chim21

#23 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I need some people to play with. I played two games today and lost both. They weren't swift losses either. Lasted like 20-30 minutes but at no point did it ever look like we had a chance.

Steam ID: SuperWristBands

#24 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

This game could use some easier "invite group to come play" functions.

I've posted that on the smnc forums that we need the ability to invite from steam groups.

#25 Posted by StarvingGamer (8150 posts) -

Apparently I am godlike at this game. Started playing today and by my third match I was 1st on my team going 18-1 with 50% more bot kills than anyone else and was only one shy of being top for assists.

Or maybe Combat Girl is imba.

#26 Posted by 71Ranchero (2738 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

Apparently I am godlike at this game. Started playing today and by my third match I was 1st on my team going 18-1 with 50% more bot kills than anyone else and was only one shy of being top for assists. Or maybe Combat Girl is imba.

Same here but I think its matching people by level so we are going up against casuals still.

#27 Posted by Brodehouse (9876 posts) -

Me and some duders made a premade and just merced fools for an hour. A lot of matches the opposing team didn't even get a kill.

But yeah, need a way better friends list. Game doesn't even tell you who is playing SMNC, just gives you everyone online.

I'm Brodehouse on Steam.

#28 Posted by MrSlapHappy (182 posts) -

Hopefully, I remember to check this thread when I get home from work so I can get in on this. I enjoyed the first MNC, but never got very good or...according to Steam put more than 8 hours into it. At the time, I was still pretty hardcore into TF2 and it just felt like a MOBA TF2 to me so it was hard to justify putting in the time on something so similar. Now...maybe now is my time!

#29 Posted by HelicopterSpy (139 posts) -

I've played a few games, just joined the Steam group. I really love using Cheston, though I can get away with any damage dealing class . HelicopterSpy there too, if you want to add me. Maybe it's guetecher, I'm not sure which name you actually search for.

#30 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -
#31 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

IF you guys want to play some let me know I have like 0 steam friends so I'd love some people on there =D

Heartagram1028

#32 Posted by Brodehouse (9876 posts) -

We need a better system. Trying to get a duder pre-made together is a ton of effort when it should be simple.

#33 Posted by joeq1159 (111 posts) -

It's too bad the game doesn't show you which of your friends are in a match and who's looking to get invited. That would help.

#34 Posted by FlipperDesert (2083 posts) -

My username is FlipperDesert and my preferred class is Megabeth, I'm level 17 and seem to be my team's MVP a lot.

#35 Posted by RecSpec (3803 posts) -

Mine's RecSpec, I mainly use Megabeth. Still learning

#36 Posted by Moleh (35 posts) -

Should start using the groups chat room to easily find others to play with.

#37 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4710 posts) -

Username is GunslingerPanda, I play a sick gunner. EU server.

#38 Posted by Tuppence (14 posts) -

Are folk actually playing together from here then? I'd love to join you guys - I'm level 17, and awesome with Karl the robot.

I play on the EU servers, but i'd have interest in joining some americans for a bit of fragging. Add me if you're interested.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tuppence

#39 Posted by JaredA (822 posts) -

I would definitely be interested in playing SMNC with some fellow gb'ers!

My Steam ID is JaredLeon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.