SNES Party push anyone else to buy a SNES?

#1 Edited by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I'm right on the edge, looking over Ebay. Do I do it?

I grew up with a Genesis and was an idiot. Gave it away to a cousin for no reason.

#2 Posted by CallofSpartansofWar1337 (95 posts) -

lol iv lukd at em. i say if u find 1 wit lots of games go 4 it! i dunno which of de old games r suposd to b gud do. :(

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5685 posts) -

Hell nah. Those games are so primitive I would find it hard to go back. No checkpoints and lives? Call me a noob but I can't do that anymore.

But if you have fond memories and lost you NES for whatever reason just buy a new one.

#4 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Think I'll at least try to bid. No one seems to have any of the good games. It's all Madden and baseball.

#5 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

It just tends to make me want to see the better SNES games play out. I tend to end up watching Long plays/Let's plays in the background while I'll play racing/wrestling games so I get some story. I'm quite sad like that.

#6 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Oh bullshit. I bid $65 for a SNES with 12 games at the last second. Winning bid was $62. Ugh.

#7 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (457 posts) -

It did not...because I already have one >_>;;; It did get me into looking at getting me some cutters and super famicom games though >_>;;;;

#8 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Do you play yours a lot demon?

#9 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

I just use an emulator ... mostly I just play the games I used to own back in the day anyway so I don't feel bad about it. Works pretty great with a 360 gamepad.

#10 Posted by AlisterCat (5480 posts) -

I want one anyway.

#11 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

GET IT!  and no because i already have one.  the angry video game nerd inspired me to get all of the retro consoles that were dominant before my time.

#12 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Also do the twin loaders work well?

#13 Posted by pjacobson21 (198 posts) -

got a weird snes urge last year and bought one on ebay.  One of the better gaming purchases I have ever made. There really is something bizarre yet glorious about playing Link to the Past on a 1080p capable LCD TV.  It's a physical gaming anachronism and it just makes me happy :D

#14 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

Yeah, It gave me the urge to revisit those games, so I went and "bought" a "SNES".

#15 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

I already have one. It did get me hooked on Tetris Battle Gaiden.

#16 Edited by onarum (2012 posts) -
@CallofSpartansofWar1337 said:

lol iv lukd at em. i say if u find 1 wit lots of games go 4 it! i dunno which of de old games r suposd to b gud do. :(

Why do you write like a complete idiot? I miss the good ol facepunch studios forums days where Garry would ban people for not using proper grammar.

Also to the OP, why would you do that? seriously... waste of money, don't matter how little you pay for it, but that's just me.
#17 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2458 posts) -
@onarum said:

Why do you write like a complete idiot? I miss the good ol facepunch studios forums days where Garry would ban people for not using proper grammar.
Check his profile, he is a troll/parody account.
#18 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

I wish my SNES still worked :(

#19 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Are SNESes relatively reliable?

#20 Posted by Aetheldod (3509 posts) -

Nope , must games of time time that I would like to play are already in other consoles (Wii and the FF remakes that square tend to make) so there is no need for me to. And I have a cousin who still has it so if by any chance I would want to play it I would ask him and save me the $ for another thing

#21 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

No, it pushed me to look up an emulator instead.

#22 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Nope, but only because I only own one. It really made me want to pull out the old dusty thing and throw in some Super Mario World, but I am too lazy.

#23 Posted by TooSweet (377 posts) -

I got a busted one and a functioning one. I even picked up a Super 8 so I can play imports. On my first SNES I popped the tabs on the inside so I could stop using adapters on my Super Fami games. I think I still have a good selection of my imports too. I regret selling off some games though. =( 

#24 Posted by CornBREDX (4793 posts) -

I still have my genesis and occasionally bust it out to play some of my old genesis games. I don't have a snes anymore but everytime I think about getting another I rememer I would rarely play it and then I play something else.

SNES was great, but I'm not gonna get another one at this point haha

#25 Posted by onarum (2012 posts) -
@atomic_dumpling said:
@onarum said:

Check his profile, he is a troll/parody account.
heh somehow that's even more stupid.
#26 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@blacklabeldomm said:

Hell nah. Those games are so primitive I would find it hard to go back. No checkpoints and lives? Call me a noob but I can't do that anymore. But if you have fond memories and lost you NES for whatever reason just buy a new one.

Emulators and save states. Problem solved.

#27 Posted by Marokai (2805 posts) -

I actually got a random notion a couple months ago to buy an FC Twin (very cheap, if not perfect) and a stack of NES and SNES games. If you're wondering about clone systems, the FC Twin works pretty well, but it's very picky about the carts being clean. I have to give several of my carts a proper cleaning that I bought weeks ago because it's just really sensitive. But it's only 30 bucks, and plays both NES and SNES games (with some compatibility exceptions) so you can't really go wrong. I wouldn't spend a ton more money than what I already have on everything, but having a clone gives me the ability to just pick up a stack of used carts whenever you can find them cheap, and actually be able to play them, which is pretty fun.

#28 Posted by buzz_clik (6907 posts) -

Nope, got three of them already, with one already hooked up to the television and ready to roll should I feel the urge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.