The SUPER Super Nintendo Entertainment System poll - BEST GAME EVER? READ ALL BEFORE VOTING!

• 72 results
#51 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Oh man It was close between DK2 or Super Mario World. World won. Also NHL 94 should be on here.

#52 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (281 posts) -

Probably A Link to the Past for me.

#53 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Megaman X fuck you all

#54 Posted by IAmNotBatman (627 posts) -

Never touched a SNES in my life, WHERE YO' MEGA DRIVES AT!?

#55 Posted by DeF (4809 posts) -

@Contrarian said:

I feel suitably ashamed of myself right now. After reading up on it, I want to play it. Never got a US release which is very odd.

Plus it has that super annoying advanced anti-piracy chip thing that prevents it from being played on most import adapters. Only, I think, a very specific version of one particular adapter works with it.

The best alternative to play it is via emulation/homebrew hacking on a Wii with a Classic Controller. Terranigma is seriously worth it, it was a seminal event in my life as a gamer.

#56 Posted by EchoEcho (815 posts) -

It's not fair! There are way too many awesome games on the SNES. But since I could only vote once, I had to go with Secret of Mana, because that game was a goddamn revelation for me as a child. Fuck Square forever for completely ruining the Mana franchise, seriously.

#57 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I had to vote for super smash tv. Even though I find many other games to be "better", I've had the most fun with smash tv

#58 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Super Metroid, how long did it take you to make this poll?

#59 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Quite a while indeed.

@DeF said:

@Contrarian said:

I feel suitably ashamed of myself right now. After reading up on it, I want to play it. Never got a US release which is very odd.

Plus it has that super annoying advanced anti-piracy chip thing that prevents it from being played on most import adapters. Only, I think, a very specific version of one particular adapter works with it.

The best alternative to play it is via emulation/homebrew hacking on a Wii with a Classic Controller. Terranigma is seriously worth it, it was a seminal event in my life as a gamer.

Whilst I have Homebrew on my NTSC Wii, I seriously lack the higher level of skills to do anything beyond using it to boot up Japanese games. I leave my PAL Wii to do all the regular stuff.

#60 Posted by DeF (4809 posts) -

@Contrarian said:

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Quite a while indeed.

@DeF said:

@Contrarian said:

Whilst I have Homebrew on my NTSC Wii, I seriously lack the higher level of skills to do anything beyond using it to boot up Japanese games. I leave my PAL Wii to do all the regular stuff.

it's just a matter of installing one of the emulators on it (if I remember correctly, copy/pasting a folder onto your SD card should do it if you have the basic homebrew stuff already set up) if you have the homebrew browser it's even easier (select the desired emulator from the list and it downlods it directly from your system and installs it)

#61 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1593 posts) -

Yoshi's Island. Yoshi's Island forever.

#62 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

NO KILLER INSTINCTS? WHAT THE HELL!!! I voted for LoZ.

EDIT: Oh there is Killer Instincts, AK, my bad, continue on your way

#63 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

The only one I've played is Lemmings so... that!

#64 Edited by AndrewB (7503 posts) -

Putting Super Mario World first was a good move, since it's obviously the best.

Also, this is officially the longest poll I've ever seen on the site. Is there an achievement for that?

#65 Edited by Morrow (1828 posts) -
#66 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#67 Posted by Phatmac (5722 posts) -

Super Mario World. Thread CLOSED.

#68 Edited by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

Super Mario World and MK 2 was a close race, but I went with Mario.....

Uniracers, Disney's Aladdin, Chrono Trigger, and SF II Turbo are the best imo, plus Mario and MK 2.

#69 Posted by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

if you don't pick Super MEtroid, you don't know what you're doing...

#70 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Where the fuck is FFIV?

#71 Posted by GunstarRed (5040 posts) -

Seeing as SMB3 is the best game ever made, I scrolled to all-stars without looking at any other on the list. If I had to pick a game that wasn't a remake it would be a hard decision between Metroid and Link to the past.

#72 Posted by AndrewB (7503 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

Seeing as SMB3 is the best game ever made, I scrolled to all-stars without looking at any other on the list. If I had to pick a game that wasn't a remake it would be a hard decision between Metroid and Link to the past.

Huh. I should have picked All-Stars because there was a version that included Super Mario World as well. *That* is the ultimate game for the SNES.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.