No recent wiki edits to this page.
Featured SeriesA list of the anime series which are featured in the game. Series that premiered in the Super Robot Wars series in this game are marked with "(new)".
- Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Brain Powerd
- Martian Successor Nadesico
- Space Knight Tekkaman Blade (new)
- Full Metal Panic! (new)
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (new)
- Mazinkaiser (Anime OVA version)
- Mazinkaiser vs. The Great General of Darkness (new)
- Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
- Super Electromagnetic Machine Voltes V
- Super Beast Machine God Dancougar
- Hades Project Zeorymer
- Banpresto Originals (Original characters created for the game)
This game is notable for being the only anime-based SRW to not feature the Getter Robo franchise, the first of only two anime-based games to not feature series from Gundam's Universal Century timelime, and the first to include a battle-armor series (which technically isn't robot anime).
New FeaturesSubpilot System.
The Banpresto Original
character is allowed to choose between three sub-pilots ; each sub-pilot boosts certain stats of the Original machine.Improved Animation. Super Robot Wars: Original Generation 2
arguably brought the animation in handheld SRW games to the level of Super Robot Wars Alpha
on the Playstation. SRWJ would improve on it even further, recreating many attacks featured in the PS2 iterations of the series.Self-Destruct Attack.
Instead of using the "Self-Destruct" Spirit Command, units self-destruct by using a regular attack. Only Boss Borot and Millions Alpha from Mazinkaiser
can use this attack (Justice Gundam was originally planned to have a self-destruct attack, but it was removed in the final version of the game).