The Super Robot Wars W wiki last edited by MrDimensionalMeddler on 01/21/14 04:49PM
View full history
Super Robot Wars W is the first Super Robot Wars game for the DS. The "W" is a pun based on the handheld's two screens, and also represents the fact that the game's story is split into two halves. The game is a fairly standard entry in the series and reuses many assets from its predecessor, Super Robot Wars J.
The game's roster is built around a time-skip that happens roughly halfway through the game, hence the focus on anime series with sequels. New series include Detonator Orgun and Beast King GoLion (the series that Lion Voltron was derived from).
W is the only game in the series that doesn't feature a robot from the 1970s.
A list of the anime series which are featured in the game. Series that premiered in the Super Robot Wars series in this game are marked with "(new)".
- New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray (new)
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED X Astray (new)
- Mazinkaiser (OVA version)
- Mazinkaiser vs. The Great General of Darkness
- Getter Robo G (characters only)
- Shin Getter Robo (manga version)
- Beast King GoLion (new)
- Detonator Orgun (new)
- Space Knight Tekkaman Blade
- Space Knight Tekkaman Blade II (new)
- Martian Successor Nadesico
- Martian Successor Nadesico: Prince of Darkness
- King of Braves GaoGaiGar
- King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL
- Full Metal Panic!
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
- Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (new)
Since Gundam SEED Astray and X Astray are manga and don't have anime equivalents, their units' BGM is taken from the SD Gundam G Generation video game franchise.
Support Request. Units can call upon their non-deployed allies for a Support Attack or Support Defense.
Free Combo Attack. Instead of Combo attacks hitting all units in a straight line, the player can now choose the path that their combo attack takes, so long as each chosen enemy is adjacent to the previous enemy. As a consequence, the Combo effect no longer works during counterattacks.
The original mecha of the game is named Valhawk. It contains the ability to combine with the battleship Valstork to create the Valguard, and can further combine to create the Valzacard. It's piloted by main character Kazuma Ardygun and his sister Mihiro.