Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 31, 2008

Strap on your fighting shoes and get ready to brawl on the Wii in the third installment of the Super Smash Bros. series.

Damn

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

I've played this game and dammit it's so fuckin' overrated!!!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

Alright...and how long did you play it for?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I would tend to agree.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I dont really see people talking about it much. It's a good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It is what it is.  A bunch of iconic characters beating each other up with items ranging from Pokeballs to Beam Swords.

I think it is totally fun.  But people have a tendency to make more out of it than that. 

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TheJollyRajah
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "It is what it is.  A bunch of iconic characters beating each other up with items ranging from Pokeballs to Beam Swords.

I think it is totally fun.  But people have a tendency to make more out of it than that. "
    This.

It's a great game, but all it is, deep down, is an upgrade from it's predecessor. Take all the extras out and you have Melee. Still has it's moments though.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

TheJollyRajah said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "It is what it is.  A bunch of iconic characters beating each other up with items ranging from Pokeballs to Beam Swords.

I think it is totally fun.  But people have a tendency to make more out of it than that. "
    This.

It's a great game, but all it is, deep down, is an upgrade from it's predecessor. Take all the extras out and you have Melee. Still has it's moments though."
    You say it like you expected different. I think this is what people wanted/expected from Brawl, maybe a bit more content, or some things changed, but it's pretty much what I expected when I purchased it.
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Bass
    TheJollyRajah said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:

This.

It's a great game, but all it is, deep down, is an upgrade from it's predecessor. Take all the extras out and you have Melee. Still has it's moments though."
    Except for the fact that melee is probably a better game overall. many of the extras that were added seem to take away from the experience
    Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Cogito

It's fun, but most of that fun is when playing against other people in your living room while yelling obscenities at each other.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
    Sir_Ragnarok said:

When people try to use it as a level of competitive gaming on the same level at Street Fighter II, then I think that there is a right to say that the people who have a tendency to make more out of it than what you state is based solely on the fact that the people that play it make more out of it than what you stated.  =  /

Personally, I think Smash Bros. is nothing more than a way for Nintendo to cash in...and cash in HARD...on their mascots and exclusive characters.  Granted, they broke that mold and went for Sonic and Solid Snake this time around, but regardless, the game is nothing more than button mashing and that's it.  And if I'm going to do some button mashing, then I want it to be a QTE in RE4 or Dead Space or God of War where I get something cool out of it in the end.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    jakob187 said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:

When people try to use it as a level of competitive gaming on the same level at Street Fighter II, then I think that there is a right to say that the people who have a tendency to make more out of it than what you state is based solely on the fact that the people that play it make more out of it than what you stated.  =  /

Personally, I think Smash Bros. is nothing more than a way for Nintendo to cash in...and cash in HARD...on their mascots and exclusive characters.  Granted, they broke that mold and went for Sonic and Solid Snake this time around, but regardless, the game is nothing more than button mashing and that's it.  And if I'm going to do some button mashing, then I want it to be a QTE in RE4 or Dead Space or God of War where I get something cool out of it in the end.
    "
    But it's fun. Really fun. 
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

jakob187 said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:

"

Jayge said:
    "I would tend to agree."

TheGTAvaccine said:
    "I dont really see people talking about it much. It's a good game."

Tarsier said:
    "Nintendo should have saved their big sequels like this for their NEXT gen console =P
    None of their big titles have seemed like upgrades, they just seem like gamecube games remixed with motion control >_<
    "

I'm glad to hear that so many people agree. ^^ I thought I was alone in my opinion.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13  Edited By dsplayer1010

It's fun when your playing local multiplayer. Otherwise it's not.

Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Kokoro

This isn't overrated at all in my opinion. It's a great game. I know this game has a lot of hype an everything, but I think it deserves it, unlike a lot of other games out there.

Raistlin719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Raistlin719
    TheJollyRajah said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:

This.

You have it backwards. Brawl is to Melee as a puddle is to an ocean. It's a garbage game that basically took all the elements that made Melee magical, and tossed them out. It's a bastardized version of an amazing game, and I really hate Nintendo because of it.
    jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By jasondaplock
    Raistlin719 said:
    "TheJollyRajah said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:

This.

You have it backwards. Brawl is to Melee as a puddle is to an ocean. It's a garbage game that basically took all the elements that made Melee magical, and tossed them out. It's a bastardized version of an amazing game, and I really hate Nintendo because of it."
    Any game where only three characters have any say on the tournament scene is not that magical.

That, and they made Luigi better in Brawl. Hence, better game.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Emandudeguyperson said:
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "I dont really see people talking about it much. It's a good game."

I'm glad to hear that so many people agree. ^^ I thought I was alone in my opinion."
    . . . what?
    Anyways, I think you miss the point when you start talking about whether or not a Smash Bros. game is overrated or not. It's mindless fanservice, and that's it. It just also happens to be unique, and really fun.
    Raistlin719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Raistlin719
    You only reveal your ignorance!

jasondaplock
    said:
    "Raistlin719 said:
    "TheJollyRajah said:
    "Sir_Ragnarok said:

This.

You have it backwards. Brawl is to Melee as a puddle is to an ocean. It's a garbage game that basically took all the elements that made Melee magical, and tossed them out. It's a bastardized version of an amazing game, and I really hate Nintendo because of it."
    Any game where only three characters have any say on the tournament scene is not that magical.

That, and they made Luigi better in Brawl. Hence, better game."
    GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GioVANNI

You know what?  I liked Melee more, A LOT more.  I still today play it more than Brawl.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By clarke0

Melee is easily better gameplay wise. It's sad that they added so much but took away a lot of the things that made Melee great. It's still fun though, and I like the new characters.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Its a great game, but Melee was miles better. They should re-release it with all the features that were removed from Melee.

Avatar image for ice_cold_rayman
    Ice_Cold_Rayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ice_Cold_Rayman
    Tarsier said:
    "Nintendo should have saved their big sequels like this for their NEXT gen console =P
    None of their big titles have seemed like upgrades, they just seem like gamecube games remixed with motion control >_<
    "
    Well, though I like the Wii, it isn't a massive upgrade from the Gamecube.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.