Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 31, 2008

Strap on your fighting shoes and get ready to brawl on the Wii in the third installment of the Super Smash Bros. series.

Giant Bomb Brawl League (GBBL)

• 95 results
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By PureRok
    Godwind said:
    "BoG said:
    "Agent and I just played, I beat him 2 matches to none, but my Wii is full, so no replays.
    We played another 2, and I beat him again.
    "
    BoG I still need replays.  They are really important. For every replay not sent, you lose 5 points.  Rok sent me his two replays so you are good there. However, Either AgentJ or yourself Bog needs to send me some replays or else you both lose 10 points."
    Godwind... I sent you four replays, and you still haven't uploaded a video of BoG and my second match (Lucario vs. DeeDeeDee). You have all of the replays of that one.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Godwind
    AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "BoG said:
    "Agent and I just played, I beat him 2 matches to none, but my Wii is full, so no replays.
    "
    BoG I still need replays.  They are really important. For every replay not sent, you lose 5 points.  Rok sent me his two replays so you are good there. However, Either AgentJ or yourself Bog needs to send me some replays or else you both lose 10 points."
    Okay, I dont even know how to save the replays for one thing, and he said after the first two matches that he'd save them to his SD card. Explain to me how to save replays and i'll be sure to do it next time.
    "
    What kind of controller do you use?"
    Just the Wii Remote
    "
    Press B when the results screen comes up.

PureRok
    said:
    "Godwind said:
    "BoG said:
    "
    Godwind... I sent you four replays, and you still haven't uploaded a video of BoG and my second match (Lucario vs. DeeDeeDee). You have all of the replays of that one."

I need time to record them and what not.  I also sometimes blend in two different recordings so there isn't a huge quality loss.  I'll have it up by tomorrow.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Godwind

The Next video should be uploaded soon.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would play if Brawls online worked for me.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Godwind
    Linkyshinks said:
    "I would play if Brawls online worked for me."
    Sorry to hear that.

Also, I was wondering if we should consider KOS into the score.
    Each KO would be worth .2 points.  Being KOed won't go onto your record.

Any objections?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#56  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    Sorry to hear that.Also, I was wondering if we should consider KOS into the score.Each KO would be worth .2 points.  Being KOed won't go onto your record.Any objections?"
    That doesn't sound like a bad idea, however i'd worry about it being exploited by characters that can do suicide kills like kirby and dedede, so perhaps there should also be a penalty for self-destructions. 
    Also, after having gotten a ton of sudden death matches(some after being one second away from a win), I think there should be some consolation for winners of sudden death.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Godwind
    AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    Sorry to hear that.Also, I was wondering if we should consider KOS into the score.Each KO would be worth .2 points.  Being KOed won't go onto your record.Any objections?"
    That doesn't sound like a bad idea, however i'd worry about it being exploited by characters that can do suicide kills like kirby and dedede, so perhaps there should also be a penalty for self-destructions. 
    Also, after having gotten a ton of sudden death matches(some after being one second away from a win), I think there should be some consolation for winners of sudden death.
    "
    There will be no points rewarded for those whom commit suicide.

Also, keep in mind that Sudden matches aren't being tracked, you could jump off the ledge and it wouldn't count.

Part of the purpose of the league is to test endurance.  I bank on the idea that people will need to play out for endurance.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Godwind

The video is up and running.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "
    There will be no points rewarded for those whom commit suicide.Also, keep in mind that Sudden matches aren't being tracked, you could jump off the ledge and it wouldn't count.Part of the purpose of the league is to test endurance.  I bank on the idea that people will need to play out for endurance."
    Thats kind of a shame. I have tied so many times, and i've won about half of the sudden deaths, so i'd have a much better record against both you and bog...
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By BoG

Wait, what do you mean by commit suicide? Is it not a fair tactic to kill my opponent, then swallow them and jump off?

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Godwind
    AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "
    There will be no points rewarded for those whom commit suicide.Also, keep in mind that Sudden matches aren't being tracked, you could jump off the ledge and it wouldn't count.Part of the purpose of the league is to test endurance.  I bank on the idea that people will need to play out for endurance."
    Thats kind of a shame. I have tied so many times, and i've won about half of the sudden deaths, so i'd have a much better record against both you and bog...
    "
    What you should be doing is using an analog based control style.  The D-pad doesn't quite cut it.  The GC and Classic controller are better for pulling off advance techniques.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BoG

Godwind, you want to play some time? And I'm still waiting to see you registered under both Brawl and Wii, I can't send the videos yet.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Godwind
    BoG said:
    "Godwind, you want to play some time? And I'm still waiting to see you registered under both Brawl and Wii, I can't send the videos yet."
    I will take you on friday.  Also, be sure not burn yourself out.  Only 4 official matches per a month.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BoG

Oh, really? Only 4? Oh well. 

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Godwind
    BoG said:
    "Oh, really? Only 4? Oh well. "
    It is intended to balance out the scoring system from the old system.  The old scoring system focused heavily on activity.  It resulted a bit of bias over skill as oppose to collecting points.

I may introduce a new system where it allows people to exceed this.  However, I would need more players in the league to do this.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "
    "
    What you should be doing is using an analog based control style.  The D-pad doesn't quite cut it.  The GC and Classic controller are better for pulling off advance techniques."
    Im happy with the simple setup. BTW how did I do? Was I horrible, or just mildly bad?
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Godwind
    AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "
    "
    What you should be doing is using an analog based control style.  The D-pad doesn't quite cut it.  The GC and Classic controller are better for pulling off advance techniques."
    Im happy with the simple setup. BTW how did I do? Was I horrible, or just mildly bad?
    "
    You were stiff.  Then later on learned that you became repetitive.

@BoG, You should watch out dude.  I am trying to recruit people into the league that will basically dominate the place.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    You were stiff.  Then later on learned that you became repetitive.@BoG, You should watch out dude.  I am trying to recruit people into the league that will basically dominate the place."
    Now that I think about it, that was a stupid question, since we were both dealing with about 1 second lag. Of course im going to be stiff with that. 
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Godwind
    AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    You were stiff.  Then later on learned that you became repetitive.@BoG, You should watch out dude.  I am trying to recruit people into the league that will basically dominate the place."
    Now that I think about it, that was a stupid question, since we were both dealing with about 1 second lag. Of course im going to be stiff with that. 
    "
    Its not the lag, it is the controller.  You can't take advantage of the full 360 degrees with the Wii remote.  You should at least use a Nunchuck..  It will make a huge difference.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AgentJ
    Godwind said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Godwind said:
    "
    Its not the lag, it is the controller.  You can't take advantage of the full 360 degrees with the Wii remote.  You should at least use a Nunchuck..  It will make a huge difference."
    Dont worry about the control scheme I use. I might switch to the Classic some time, but for now im going to stick to the wii remote. (I would not use a nunchuk with this game. i can't even imagine). If we get a chance to play without the lag, i think there will be a big difference. 
    Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Fraz106

Hi again Godwind, seems you got this a bit more organised then the other one, do I have to wait the full 2 months before I can join even though I was in the original and I read the first page and AgentJ that match was ME against a friend, I got epically ownd at the end lol, loved every second of it, you should know who I am n0ow godwind since I said that I lost the match :) Oh and thanks for inviting me to another forum, I love forums I joined about 3 and this is my 4th one.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Godwind
    Fraz106 said:
    "Hi again Godwind, seems you got this a bit more organised then the other one, do I have to wait the full 2 months before I can join even though I was in the original
    There are a lot of better tools on this forum to use that allow me to be more organized.

Also, the time limit restriction has been removed.  There are less casuals on this forums, so people are likely to stick around for a lot longer.  It also ensures that there are going to be people who will play the game, unlike the other forum where there were a lot of casuals that came and go.  Notice that the ladder system there was never successful?  This place happens to be a much better place to host a ladder thanks to the community.

Trust me, your going to love these forums.  And the staff is active unlike how iOn was.  I sent him a response to a PM he sent me.  I never got one back.  He just isn't active.  At least the owner of this site gave me feedback on a thread.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/jeff-please-review-these-products/237015/#6

Also, here is a list of things that make the community awesome.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/what-are-the-positive-things-about-the-giantbomb-forum/239391/?page=1

Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Fraz106

lol yeah I geuss they do make a better community...but I do find it hard to find the brawl section and stuff...

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Godwind
    Fraz106 said:
    "lol yeah I geuss they do make a better community...but I do find it hard to find the brawl section and stuff..."
    Each item on this site has its own forum.  All you need to do is search the item in the search area on the upper right part of the page, look for the game you want to post in and click on that item.  Than when you are done, click on the forums on the left side of the screen and you are there.

You can also add forums to your personal favorite forums for quick indexing.
    Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fraz106

lol ok! Cool thanks, I shouldve knowan that oh and...your eh...uh...what did I tell you about that!!!! uhhh...nm...

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Godwind
    Fraz106 said:
    "lol ok! Cool thanks, I shouldve knowan that oh and...your eh...uh...what did I tell you about that!!!! uhhh...nm..."
    Lucas > Ness?
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Scullinator

nice avatar Godwind! We should play name those breasts.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By Mushir

I'd love to play with someone, its just that my timezone is so different from everyone else. Makes it tough to arrange a match.

Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Fraz106

No with me, I have a +0 GMT time! Lol and yeah Lucas>Ness all the way!

Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Fraz106

Could finnaly be bothered getting you that info you wanted ;)

Joining the league

To join the league, you need to Private message the following information

Your Giantbomb name - Fraz106

Your Brawl Friend Code - 1204-0676-2955

Your in-game name - Fraz

Your Wii Console Code - 2458-2452-4849-3520

Your region - Europe, UK, Scotland

Your GMT - +0 GMT London Time

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By Mushir

Fraz, we could try to battle tomorrow. I'm kinda tired right now so...

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Godwind
    Scullinator said:
    "nice avatar Godwind! We should play name those breasts."
    Ivy

Fraz106
    said:
    "No with me, I have a +0 GMT time! Lol and yeah Lucas>Ness all the way!"
    Remember to fill in this information.

Please fill it in this format

Giantbomb Name:

Brawl Code:

Wii console code

In-Game name:

Region:

GMT: 

Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Fraz106

lol I just did when you posted! OK twilight

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Godwind

I added you to the list Fraz.  I will be sure to add you onto my own roster list in-game and on my Wii console.  Be sure to do the same.

Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Fraz106

Already on the wii list XD and I added you on brawl

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dauragon

I'm in.

Giantbomb Name: Dauragon

Brawl Code: 1977 1693 0606

Wii console code: 4447 1080 7028 1110

In-Game name: Daur

Region: North America

GMT:  -5
    Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Fraz106

Everyone is from America...*cries* I'll never get a game done on a weekday!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Godwind
    Dauragon said:
    "I'm in.

Giantbomb Name: Dauragon

Brawl Code: 1977 1693 0606

Wii console code: 4447 1080 7028 1110

In-Game name: Daur

Region: North America

GMT:  -5"
    This it has been added to the list.
    Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Fraz106

lol haven't been any more comments >_> why? Wasn't it busy THREE days ago? Will nobody challenge meh?[/lotsa questions]

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Godwind

I can take you on tommorrow fraz.  I will have off pretty much all day.

Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Fraz106

ok cool, mention the times for your time and mine and we can have a match going!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Godwind

I'll be on for the time being, send me a message here.

Fraz106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Fraz106

oh -_- How about  in 10 minutes since im online right now.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Godwind

Good news guys, I bought a new game.  I will be a prize for the league.  I want to double confirm it with the staff.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#95  Edited By Snail

I was in one of Endogene's Brawl contests, I don't know if that coutns for something.

Where do I sign up?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.