Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 31, 2008

Strap on your fighting shoes and get ready to brawl on the Wii in the third installment of the Super Smash Bros. series.

The Hottest Piece of Fan Art?

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheKidNixon

So I am whistling innocently through my day, thinking about calling it a day and fiddling around with the SDvR 2010 Story Editor some more and then passing out. Still, I figure it would be a good idea to check my e-mail. I peep something from one of my best mates, with an attachmen t called "SexySmashBros.jpg". Bracing myself, I click and find myself staring at:

The Ladies of Smash
    The Ladies of Smash
    So. A bit of back story. I am something of a reluctant consumer of fan art, and especially of the particular field of what I would call cross-genre bleeding, IE, taking a piece of one fandom and combining it with another. So this is already in my wheelhouse. Add the fact that I have an additional fondness for drag kings (don't ask)  and you might as well have found me the Holy Grail dipped in chocolate and pudding.

Granted, I have all of the above biases so I might not be the best judge. But still. I'd say pretty hott. Two Ts.

Any other candidates?

(Sidenote to Mods and such: While the above picture does cover all the "naughty bits", I also recognize it is pretty risque, especially the Peachachu. If you feel it violates the general guidelines of the forums, please free to nuke and/or lock this thread and get rid of the pic. Thank you and goodnight.)

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By jimbo_n

Thats pretty hot. The thing is tho. I really do not want my Nintendo ladies to be hot. I want them to be cute. Some things should not be sexy. I am a big fan of sexy and most things should really be sexy. But not Peach and Co.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

... creepy
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool

Naughty boys with too much imagination and too much time?   

I have never thought of Pikachu in that way, but I would actually play a Solid Snake game if he looked like that  ^-^

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan
    @big_jon said:
     ... creepy
    dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By dethfish

That's one of the creepier fan art pictures I've ever seen.

Pretty awesome though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @Dethfish77 said:
    " That's one of the creepier fan art pictures I've ever seen.  Pretty awesome though. "
    That hardly ranks on the creepy scale for me.  I've seen far, far worse.

That being said, it's a really good picture.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By trophyhunter

I found my new wallpaper

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose

I've seen better

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

Not enough boobs.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheKidNixon
    @oldschool said:
    " Naughty boys with too much imagination and too much time?    I have never thought of Pikachu in that way, but I would actually play a Solid Snake game if he looked like that  ^-^ "
    I actually think that the Solid Samus is fairly inspired, though other people have certainly made the comparison. The other two are mostly just silly (and yes, slightly unsettling) cosplay, though I think on some level it would have been just as easy and far more obvious to have Peach be Mario and Zelda be Link; by stepping outside of those pre-concieved expectations, I think it creates something abit more captivating. Because it isn't what is expected, it entertains a bit more attention.

But Samus as Snake draws the comparisons between the two characters and makes a fairly striking image, I believe. The other two are just silly mash-ups with nothing beyond the initial confusion of sorting out the two iconographic languages, but I would play a Metroid game that borrowed stealth mechanics from Metal Gear. Say, stealing armor upgrades for the first half while avoiding contact with space pirates that would otherwise blow you away, before getting all geared up and getting the satisfaction of enpowerment.

And yes, I did just wank philosophical about a silly oversexed drawing of video game characters dressed up like other video game characters. I'm a liberal arts major, we can make anything deeper than it actually is.
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@trophyhunter said:
    " I found my new wallpaper "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.